Revolutionary war relics

flyguy784

Elite Member
I never see anyone posting any Revolutionary War stuff. Granted, I've only been on here for a short while. Does anyone find such things ? Because of where I live (Valley Forge and Brandywine) I have a tremendous interest in that material.

Soooo, what's been found?

Some of mine from over the years.

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 15,237
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 6,365
revo war items are found around here alot the problem isnt finding them its geting permission to hunt private propertys near the battle feilds most people that own the propertys in are area that have cival and revolutionary war history dont wont anyone on there propertys and all battle feild or historical marked areas around them battle areas are state owned and off limits. me my self i been working on a property owned by a friends family thats right up agenst the brandy wine battle feild. but we will see what happens if u can get on accual battle private property u will find lots.

revo war items are found around here alot the problem isnt finding them its geting permission to hunt private propertys near the battle feilds most people that own the propertys in are area that have cival and revolutionary war history dont wont anyone on there propertys and all battle feild or historical marked areas around them battle areas are state owned and off limits. me my self i been working on a property owned by a friends family thats right up agenst the brandy wine battle feild. but we will see what happens if u can get on accual battle private property u will find lots.

If you hunt good early sites, and a lot of them, you will definitely find Rev War relics as proven by my picture above. That's only a fraction of what I've dug and it's all from old house sites and nowhere near a fort, or battle site. I know from being on the forums for many years that early American relics turn up much less often at the Colonial period house sites in the U.S., but there's no question if you dig enough old sites, and a lot of buttons, it will happen. When I started detecting I had no idea at all that such early relics could be found in my area and was in disbelief when I found my first Rev War button... that is once I figured out what it was!

rev war material

Thanks guys. Still new at this MD'ing. It's an absolute hoot. If either of you two would enjoy some company on a hunt, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom