F2 sniper coil...what a deal!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
I posted in my F2 thread about my last few hunts with my F2 and a sniper coil and all the particulars are here in post #366, but I thought I would just add a small post here to let you know how impressed I am with this little thing.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=1300299#post1300299

Considering this coil costs about $15 if you get the 2 or 3 coil package with a new F2, this is another reason I believe there is no better value on the market for such a highly productive starter unit.

This was from a short hunt yesterday at an extremely trashy park I came across in my travels yesterday, not sure how many have hunted this place but I found all these quarters, most of the other clad and this religious thingy in a small picnic area among a huge amount of trash.

Clipboard02.jpg

This was another trashy park, but I managed to find some clad and my first 3 ringer...

P1020965a.jpg

In this pic, that husky key-chain was found in some grassy islands I had hit before with the 8" coil, but missed it the first time around.

P1020970small.jpg

Everything else in this pic came from a small park site I hit the same day that was hunted many times before by other hunters and even more recently, but I was still able to pick up this really old lighter, (hope it's a Zippo!), that adjustable eagle ring and that 1949 commemorative Harry S. Truman inaugural coin put out by the U.S. mint in 1949.

These 3 items came from an area in this park that had an old house standing at this exact area, and tons of trash.
The only reason I found that lighter, which came in at 15 and iron, is that with the smaller coil I am able to pick out the better iron signals instead of avoiding them completely like I usually do with the 8" coil.

Way too many 06-08 super jumpy iron signals in the sites I hunt in all metal, (no notching), but I am now leaving iron in and digging all solid signals that come in at 10 or higher, and that old lighter was a nice score for the sniper coil.

I found that unlike hunting with the larger coil on max sense, this coil is extremely quiet unless I am actually over a target.

$15 for an excellent accessory for the great F2 that really works?
Or only about $40 if you buy it after market or even cheaper used.
How can you beat that?

If you got an F2 and have never used this coil, or any detector that has a small coil available, what are you waiting for?
You won't be sorry!

HH

I agree! It is a highly productive coil.
If everyone didn't already have 8" coils, I'd sell mine. Between the 4" and the 10", time is pretty equally divided on the machine, while the 8" stays home.

I agree! It is a highly productive coil.
If everyone didn't already have 8" coils, I'd sell mine. Between the 4" and the 10", time is pretty equally divided on the machine, while the 8" stays home.

Gonna get a 10" next and probably retire the 8".
A little larger an a little deeper in my great soil.
The F2 will be a potent weapon for all sites with the full compliment of tools available.

Back
Top Bottom