Interesting Bottle & Other Finds

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
Had the chance to metal detect with Bonesquat this afternoon. Neither of us (that I know of) found silver -- I know I didn't. He found quite a few wheaties. Yours truly only found this stuff. But the bottle is interesting. Anyone seen one like it? He thinks it could be a nail polish bottle (old anyway). I didn't clean the dirt out because it appears to still some of the "original" product in it (whatever it is). This bottle was almost entirely covered with dirt except a portion of the neck and the complete side with ridges was visible -- the rest was buried. I caught a glimpse of it in the sunshine and picked it out of the dirt carefully. Three sides have these ridges and one side is smooth. Total count on the clad/copper was $1.33 (.13 cents of which was copper pennies - oldest is 1959D / newest 1982.) There were 6 in the 1960's, 3 in the 1970's (one was a 1971S), 1 1981 and 2 1982. The button is a modern button with Union R24 on the back. Nothing special on it.

Had a great time. Wasn't so hot today and was "breezy". But I got a little "cooked" anyway :grin: . But I'll live. Can't wait to go again!

Attachments

• 6-6-12 Finds.JPG
    6-6-12 Finds.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 240
  • Bottle Frnt.jpg
    Bottle Frnt.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 208
  • Bottle Bk.jpg
    Bottle Bk.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 215
Yeah I like finding bottles -- I've got three now. This one is in amazingly great condition considering where I found it. It was on a lot that has been heavily bulldozed and graded many times. So it is a wonder that it even survived! :shock: :wow:

Back
Top Bottom