More silver from the projects! 17 wheats too!

Bonesquat

Elite Member

Went out today where they tore down some projects and found all kinds of stuff. I was hunting with Wayne_etc, Rob (ISS) and Ray. Everyone but Rob found some silver but he did just fine by finding about 20 marbles! Couldn't believe how many were just on the surface.

My first good target of the day was a really nice 11-45. There was tons of trash around it but it rang out very clear and sounded high pitched. Here's what popped out of the crusty compacted baked earth.
46 rosie hole.jpg
:shock: Sweet! :cheer: I did the happy dance and moved on.

About 10 or so wheats later I got a really sweet sounding 11-45...again. This time Ray was nearby and I casually told him, "I bet this one will be silver. Just sounds too good." All I had to do was pop it from the dirt that was caked over it. The bulldozers had pushed the ground down and it was almost impossible to dig in the rock like dirt.
dirty rosie 64.jpg
:D:run1::sweet: Wow another one! Both of the rosies were only half an inch deep or so. Just barely under the surface. One is a 46(first year rosie) and other is a 1964 (last year). Everyone did really well today. It was a great hunt amongst friends. I'll let Wayne_etc tell you what he found. He definitely had find of the day. Ray had a silver quarter so I did third best out of everyone. I'm extremely happy with my results though. Up to 92 career silver coins, #28 and #29 for the year. I hope I'm not starting to sound spoiled. :lol: Thanks for looking and I hope you all got out to have some quality beeping time with your beeper.

Attachments

• IMAG1229 (Large).jpg
    IMAG1229 (Large).jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 255
  • pocket watch.jpg
    pocket watch.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 245
  • wheats 1.jpg
    wheats 1.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 243
  • wheats 2.jpg
    wheats 2.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 252
  • rosies 1.jpg
    rosies 1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 249
  • rosies 2.jpg
    rosies 2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 257
wow, that's a quality hunt! How collectible are marbles? Are they worth some money? Congrats on all the coins.

wow, that's a quality hunt! How collectible are marbles? Are they worth some money? Congrats on all the coins.

Some are - I wouldn't know though. I've found about 15 or so, I just give them to Rob (ISS). He gives me bottles in turn. I got a nice POND'S milk glass jar from him today. It all works out.

Must be nice to dig all those shallow silvers, Rick. My hands are all callused up from digging so many 8-10" holes all the time. :lol: Congrats on finding 2 silvers in a field of wheats.

HH,
Raphis
Dan

That hunt was a blast bro. That's close to a roll of wheats between all of us. Funny how you were the only one that actually *dug* for silver.
I'll post mine later on when I can get to a 'puter.

w

Nice finds Bones! Good pics too.....congrats on all those digs..great job.

I wish I could have helped with the wheat count. I tried, I dug 41 copper pennys and I ended up with 26 marbles. Thanks you'll.

Rob

Looks like you guys had a great day Bones, Congrats !!!!
Love the video's , keep at it and thanks for sharing !

Back
Top Bottom