How to clean tarnished Rose Gold

El Capitan

Okay I just found a nice size medallion with a chain that appears to be rose gold. It’s extremely tarnished (black), but has the 14k on the back. I’ve been soaking in hot soapy water but theirs been very little improvement in its condition. Next I was thinking of trying baking soda or lime juice; was even considering CLR. But I thought I would ask if anyone had any better ideas.

I’ll take a pic and post it within the day. Thanks!

Do the words 'gold and tarnish' belong in the same sentence? I thought gold didn't tarnish. I may be wrong, and hope I am, but maybe you have a fake piece of jewelry. Others here have found fake gold and silver with all the right marks, just not the right metal. Good Luck : )

Do the words 'gold and tarnish' belong in the same sentence? I thought gold didn't tarnish. I may be wrong, and hope I am, but maybe you have a fake piece of jewelry. Others here have found fake gold and silver with all the right marks, just not the right metal. Good Luck : )

Well that’s not true; it depends on what other metals are combined with the gold. For example rose gold has copper in it. So the gold doesn’t tarnish but the copper sure does. Still trying to figure out how to remove that tarnish without doing more damage than good.

But it still could be fake.

Back
Top Bottom