4 hours for 4 wheats......

aviationgale

Elite Member
Got back out to the pool as we had a lot of rain 2 days ago and I thought that might help with the detecting. It did some but not to great, I've about stalled at this place. Just not a lot of targets anymore. But anyway I managed 4 wheats, which was actually quite a surprise. I had one lonely nickle and let me tell you this absolutely DID NOT sound like any nickle I have dug before..very weird. About .56 in clad some random junk and the 4 wheats. The clouds and the breeze made it a perfect day for detecting, once the sun popped its ugly head I headed home. Stopped by the grocery store and bought the guys at the parks and recreation some ice cream bars for letting me do what I do. The picture of the pool shows the "silent" side...the one I've beat to death. HH all!

Attachments

• 0525221253_copy_780x1040.jpg
    0525221253_copy_780x1040.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 0525221253b_copy_780x1040.jpg
    0525221253b_copy_780x1040.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 0525221059_copy_780x1040.jpg
    0525221059_copy_780x1040.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 134
Congrats! Looking at your pic, that tiered ground under the trees looks like a nice spot to find some shade from the summer sun.

I've dug some LC's that didn't ring up as a coin. There's only one sure way to know what's under the coil...........

Congrats! Looking at your pic, that tiered ground under the trees looks like a nice spot to find some shade from the summer sun.

I've dug some LC's that didn't ring up as a coin. There's only one sure way to know what's under the coil...........

Thanks. Its very lovely spot. I used to love to go up there years back and have my lunch up there. Now its absolutely cricket quiet of any targets..at least with the AT Pro. Maybe something better that had more depth..I don't know. Also I'm too lazy to drag my A double S up the hill...lol

Got back out to the pool as we had a lot of rain 2 days ago and I thought that might help with the detecting. It did some but not to great, I've about stalled at this place. Just not a lot of targets anymore. But anyway I managed 4 wheats, which was actually quite a surprise. I had one lonely nickle and let me tell you this absolutely DID NOT sound like any nickle I have dug before..very weird. About .56 in clad some random junk and the 4 wheats. The clouds and the breeze made it a perfect day for detecting, once the sun popped its ugly head I headed home. Stopped by the grocery store and bought the guys at the parks and recreation some ice cream bars for letting me do what I do. The picture of the pool shows the "silent" side...the one I've beat to death. HH all!

Better than getting skunked.
Coins around here scarce.
They were scarce due to folks didnā€™t have much loot to begin with back in the day. Lot of folks ran charge accounts too and paid when their crops or livestock was sold.

Some places can produce.
One never knows.

Thanks for sharing.
Public places to hunt around here scarce.

A wheat an hour would sure keep a smile on my face. Course I smile, at least mentally, every time I'm out detecting for the most part. Congrats! Looks like a fabulous place to swing.

Back
Top Bottom