First find

richkatw

So I got my bounty hunter put together and just went out to the front yard swept it back and forth and you know it's fairly new construction in the last 10 years so if anything I figured I found a nail but no I find a gun not a real guns but it's a small cap gun I've never seen it and I know I've never given one of my kids so I don't know how it got here or how old it is here comes the pic
90d422849217f7fa551db50013b6d5df.jpg
2f42af3e417c59d32e1cfc06907abd51.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nice first find. I guess the fill they used around your house wasn't screened very well.

My house was built in 1977 and I had no clue that the yard was fill dirt. I have found 1930s shell casings, 19teens shotgun headstamps and all sorts of old stuff. It all was in the fill dirt that the builder brought in from wherever. I have learned that there is stuff worth finding (maybe not valuable, but interesting nonetheless) everywhere. Never stop hunting, because you never know what you will find!

Very nice first find .
Thanks for sharing . Way better then the old crushed can at a foot deep so many of us started with đź‘Ť.
Looking forward to the next report .
,Dew

A toy gun is a fun thing to find with a metal detector. What was the kid who lost it like? Did he/she play with it a lot? Did they play "cops and robbers" or "cowboys and Indians" with friends/siblings? How did it happen to become lost, or was it buried? How long ago was the last time it was played with?
Yep. Cool dig! Looks like a 1950s or 60s one, but I'm just guessing.

nice first find. remember kids in the neighborhoods played far and wide in the past. so your lot could have been an empty lot or woods or fields they played in.

when I was a kid of 11-12 we roamed and played far and wide riding our bikes.

I think you’ll be surprised at what you’ll find in your yard. My house was built in 1985 but the lots in the neighborhood were filled By bull dozing a small hill where a 1700’s tavern once sat. I’ve found old flatware, buckles and coins just a few inches down and 1980’s clad very deep. However, my wife told me if I dig another hole in the yard she’s going to put me in it

Back
Top Bottom