First time out with Anfibio

stursmad

I was finally able to get out for the first time with my new Anfibio today. I never beach hunt, but since I'm currently in Florida, I took it out to the beach, and got to hunt for two hours. I didn't try messing with the settings. I simply put it in beach mode and started swinging. I was surprised at the lack of targets. The first four signals I dug were all coins, 2 quarters, a nickel, and a penny. I ended up with 5 quarters, 1 dime, 1 nickel, 2 pennies, and a couple knick-knacks. The only trash I dug were two bottle caps, and three pull tabs. I'm sure there are more optimal settings for detecting on the beach, but I have yet to learn what they are.
My initial thoughts:
I was impressed with the construction of the machine.
It was easy for me to swing, but then I'm used to swinging an Explorer XS.
It does seem to get great depth, as one of the bottle caps was extremely deep.
There was little doubt what the target was when I went over a coin.
The only negative was, it seemed like the depth meter never read less than 5", even if the coin was only an inch deep.
Even though the gold rings avoided me, it was a great day to get out with this new machine. I think I have some learning to do, just as I did with my Explorer, but so far, I am happy and am anxious to get it out to some of my old hunting areas that my buddy and I pounded with our Explorers, to see if it can pick up some goodies we left behind.
I plan to be in Florida for some time yet, so if anyone has recommendations for beach settings or beach detecting, I'm all ears.

Attachments

• finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 221
Congrats on getting out with your new Anfibio. I just purchased one about a week or so back & waiting for a chance to go test it out.

You did well. The Florida beaches are sanded in and being pounded hard by snowbirds.

Back
Top Bottom