A fistful of silver in the woods! 1942 Walker, 1927 SLQ, 1941 merc and silver quarter ring!

filo

I had a great day out in some woods that I’ve hit hard in the past. Ended up with four silvers and didn’t even find a single wheat. Lots of trash, an old pocket knife, and a smith and Wesson throwing axe too.

The best finds we’re the silver though. 1942 Walking Liberty, 1927 SLQ (my favorite American coin), 1941 Mercury and even a ring that looks like it was made out of a silver Washington quarter. All were absolute banger unmissable signals on my CTX3030. This place is huge with many acres so there’s a lot of ground to cover still. Happy hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_9507.jpg
    IMG_9507.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_9512.jpg
    IMG_9512.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_9508.jpg
    IMG_9508.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_9516.jpg
    IMG_9516.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_9517.jpg
    IMG_9517.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 483
Really amazing hunt ! Congrats on the big, medium and small silvers as well as the coin ring. A bucket lister for me. The SLQ Is beautiful. Good luck, Mark

Beautiful coins! Gotta love an SLQ with a date. Congrats on a great hunt.

Were you just hunting a random woods, or was there historic buildings there once?

Beautiful coins! Gotta love an SLQ with a date. Congrats on a great hunt.

Were you just hunting a random woods, or was there historic buildings there once?

Thanks! This was a picnic grounds back in the 40s and there is also an older homesite. I’m guessing the SLQ was from the homesite activity and the rest is from picnickers in the 40s.

Excellent haul! The silver coin ring is big wish list find for most of us "regular" detectorists. Congrats on the "elite" status!
GL & HH in your woods of wealth!

Fantastic finds Filo. Congrats.
Great to see the items cleaned up and looking splendid.

Back
Top Bottom