First silver!

MAD Mitch

I went out into the yard for a couple of hours this afternoon. On the third hole I had my “Holy Makro!” moment—a Washington 1936D quarter! It’s worn but I love it. Other finds were a couple of Mems, metal pieces, and those 🤬 pull tabs. If anything else at least I’m cleaning my yard of those cursed things lol.

Attachments

• F045CB84-7C68-4916-A522-FACA7B1BC0AD.jpeg
    F045CB84-7C68-4916-A522-FACA7B1BC0AD.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 393
  • 2E073BF9-11A2-448B-B497-BC95835F6ED5.jpg
    2E073BF9-11A2-448B-B497-BC95835F6ED5.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 400
Awesome and congrats on the GW! I found my first earlier this year.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

That's a great first silver, congrats! If my yard had silver in it, someone would have to reel me in, I'd be out there gridding like a mad man LOL

Congrats on your first silver! It's a nice old date too.

Thanks JAK!

Congrats on your first silver! Everyone will be a thrill.

Thanks Grey!

Awesome and congrats on the GW! I found my first earlier this year.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thanks and congrats on your find!

That's a great first silver, congrats! If my yard had silver in it, someone would have to reel me in, I'd be out there gridding like a mad man LOL

Thanks GS! I was surprised to find it where it was. The old house place is east of my house. I found couple of wheats and some clad plus some relics on that side. But I found this on the west side of my house.

Below is better pics of the coin. Like I said it's worn and looks like the only thing that was not worn was the mint mark. Also I finally got to use my squirt bottle, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0945.JPG
    IMG_0945.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_0946.JPG
    IMG_0946.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 318
Great first silver! If you branch out into door knocking at really old houses you'll be amazed at what comes out of those yards! Barbers, IHP's, Buffs, v nickels, and maybe even seated coins depending on how old your town is. Good luck finding your 2nd silver and many more after that!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Nice work! Found my first quarter this spring, was equally excited. Did it ring in crisp and clear?

Awesome! Congratulations on your first silver coin - that's a big moment in this hobby. I still clearly remember the moment I found my first silver coin (also a quarter) - shiny right out of the ground, there was no mistaking it.

Nice silver GW quarter - no doubt it's the first of many more. HH!

Congrats on your first silver, and an old GW to boot. You won't forget that one and I hope its the first of many. My first was a 57 GW and still remember it well. I hope you are keeping a log so when you have a couple hundred silvers under your belt you can look back and review your progress and also inspire you to keep it up when you hit a dry spell. Good luck, Mark

Thanks again, guys! I also like the font they used back then.

Nice work! Found my first quarter this spring, was equally excited. Did it ring in crisp and clear?

It was a little bouncy but strong 93,94 because it may have been vertical about six inches down. Congrats on your quarter find as well :cool:

Silver quarter!! :detector: Digging up silver never gets old!
Congrats. Since it's your yard, keep detecting there whenever you want...forever. You might get surprised more often.

Now you done it, now you are hooked on detecting. Congratulations.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom