Amazing find...has given me the bug (((PICS ADDED )))

SCORE!! Very nice little kickback on your property purchase! I suspect your metal detector will produce some interesting digs too! Post 'em when you find 'em!

I returned to this thread after a few days absense and seen the photos. Wow how cool, and lucky is that?
Don

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the congrats
Yeah, if that door hadn't been stuck I never would have found it. At least not now
We were planning on taking down the barn at some point for all the beams,siding...It's a really old Barn and it's starting to fall apart.
Now, I know we're taking it down...very slowly.šŸ˜

Cool find on the cash roll, did you notice that the $100 bill that you posted a picture of is a star note?

Cool find on the cash roll, did you notice that the $100 bill that you posted a picture of is a star note?
Thanks and yes I did. We ended up with only 3-5 of the star notes. Finding cash was great. Finding out that it's worth more than face value was even better. Planning to list some on eBay soon.

That jar with the bones got me to thinking about a vid I saw where a woman who is an expert on all things colonial explained that back in those days objects like this were placed in walls around entrances to ward off evil spirits. But this is a late 1800's house so either someone still believed in the old superstition put it there or it's something else.

That's a remarkable & memorable find! Way to go, and thanks for sharing your story. We welcome you and your wife to Friendly Metal Detecting Forum! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom