Latest digs

Florida Tabdigger

Elite Member
Got out over the weekend and found 1.73 in clad and a 1944 wheety. The park I hunted has been combed over many times and all the coins were 5 inches plus. Had to work for the loot...lol.

I know the feeling. So far I haven't been anywhere, other than a single hidden tot lot, that hasn't been hit hard by others in the past. It's hard to in a big city. I want to travel this summer and head out to more rural areas out of state and hopefully find some nice historic parks, so I can find my first silver coin. I should start planning soon...

Joe

Twistid,

You may want to pick up a copy of the Urban Treasure Hunter(about $15.00). Great book for beginners and experienced users alike, with great ideas on treasure hunting in the city. If you can't find a copy, I'll be happy to sell you mine :yes:.

A couple ideas for digging in the city, construction & excavation sites, and older poorer neighborhood city parks(take caution, only broad daylight hunting, and bring a buddy). Some of those parks date back 100 years or more.

Some of the larger excavation & construction sites, when building highway offramps, bridges etc, are great places, as they unearth newer topsoil, leaving older soil exposed. Don't rule out the new fill they bring in either. They may have dug that out from a field that has been farmed for 200 years.

Thanks Gil, I'll definately look into that. There is some construction going on near me, where they are tearing down some old buildings and putting up condos. I was thinking of asking them for permission to detect there but figured they'd laugh at me and kick me off the property (maybe a liability issue, I'd understand that). We'll see. But thanks for ther info, I'll check out that book.

Joe

Doesn't it make you feel good when you make a nice find in a site that you know has been hunted hard? Good job and continued good hunting!

I agree with Gil, definitely read the "urban treasure hunter" great book for ideas !!!

NO GUTS NO GLORY !!!! if you don't ask you cant find . even if they do laugh when you ask its only because they have never done the hobby and don't understand the concept of it . you could be the one to open their eyes to a new hobby when they see the things you could have found if you just asked !!

Back
Top Bottom