Nox 600 questions

RockieBoston

[reposting because I put it in the wrong forum by accident]

I'm ready to upgrade to a Nox 600.

1. How light & balanced is it? I gave myself tennis elbow somehow. Spouse blames MDing and he's not wrong . . .

2. Are dealers in general willing to negotiate on price? Or is that $649 I'm seeing everywhere really firm?

3. I'm not a veteran. Any discounts for daughters of disabled Vietnam vets?! I know, it's a stretch ;)

4. What's a good price for a used one?

Appreciate the help

Rockie in Boston

Have any veteran friends? 15% off $649 is close to $100 and that would buy a pretty nice pinpointer.

[reposting because I put it in the wrong forum by accident]

I'm ready to upgrade to a Nox 600.

1. How light & balanced is it? I gave myself tennis elbow somehow. Spouse blames MDing and he's not wrong . . .

2. Are dealers in general willing to negotiate on price? Or is that $649 I'm seeing everywhere really firm?

3. I'm not a veteran. Any discounts for daughters of disabled Vietnam vets?! I know, it's a stretch ;)

4. What's a good price for a used one?

Appreciate the help

Rockie in Boston

1. I don't think it's balanced at all, but I have a preference for S-shafts and hate straight shaft designs. Some people swear by the straight shaft design, though. Some people can mitigate the imbalance by ADDING weight to the back of the shaft. As for weight, it's light enough. It's no XP Deus, though...

2. Yes, but how low they're willing to go, I have no idea. If their asking price is $650, I would expect you to at least get them down to $625 with free shipping and no sales tax charged to you. Most dealers are willing to negotiate, too.

3. Not that I know of, but that won't stop you from getting your dad to make the purchase for you. As for the ethics of this practice, that's up to you.

4. $300, but that's not realistic (I just got lucky one day...). Realistically, it's whatever you're seeing on eBay.

Not balanced but not too heavy. I gave myself tennis elbow from my Equinox when I got into the hobby 3 years ago. I don't blame the machine I just swung alot and my muscles were not used to it.

Back
Top Bottom