Teeny Tiny Naval(?) Button

bradley.del.oro

So I found this super small button yesterday. I have not been able to find anything about one with this design that are the same size. I have found a few pics online of buttons with almost exact same design, but they are full size and have a different looking shank. The pics I've found claim that it is a civil war button but don't offer specifics. I've found several flimsier fashion buttons but this one seems solid and well made. Thank you!

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 352
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 322
I can't find a good match but I will say that particular button is a very much copied Navy button and it is much more likely that your button is a civilian copy. Is the back of it starting to rust out or is that just crud? If it is an iron back starting to rust out, then there is almost a 100% chance it is civilian. Hopefully someone else with more knowledge than I have (and that won't take much, lol) will check in here.

Last edited:
yeah it was just dirt that all washed off, no iron involved. I figured it was pretty unlikely to actually be civil war as it was found in san diego XD

Back
Top Bottom