Anyone else seeing CRAZY ID's with 6" nox coil

goldendreams

Elite Member
Ive had my 6 inch on my machine for a while , and although i dont dig only by ID of course ive been seeing crazy ID's ..for example get a dime signal (roughly) pop the plug and if the dimes not in the plug , when i wave the coil over the hole , the dime ID can be like 33? what gives? I didnt see it this weird up until pretty recently maybe im wrong ..idk...... pumptech here on the forum has been seeing the same thing using the 6 inch when we dig together..
the 600 is still my favorite machine by far and have done the very best with it ...but is it the nature of the 6 inch coil and just didnt notice it until recently? :?:

All in all, i have a hard time taking the 6 inch off...i still love it

Maybe you're over a deep aluminum can giving you the dime signal. Then when you remove some soil you get a better reading of the can at 33. I use a probe to test a area like you mention. It's a lot easier than digging more.
"gene"

Seen the same. The further away the coin, if all by itself, the higher the reading. That’s in Multi. It is true with the CTX also that while locating a target, if it’s not centered and just the edge of the coil has it, a clad dime might read 46, and once it’s centered and closer to the coil, it’ll come down to a 44,45. I’m very sure it’s by design, but a little weird to work with. The EQX just seems to have a larger fluctuation in the situation you’re describing with the small coil.

Back
Top Bottom