Sand scoop broke...

Metal detecto

Elite Member
I knew it was inevitable... I was using that thing every other day... the lip curled on me! BAD! Dumb rock was in the way... looks like the rock was huge iron ore and it was just an inch buried. Sand scoop is officially dead.

RIP
Sand scoop

You were loved, but you failed me.

Anyway, Shakespeare drama aside, I need a scoop that has a sharp tip. So sharp you can slice a rock in half (JK :laughing: :shock:). HEY, I see you typing sunspot stealth, don't you dare.

I have a budget now of 150$, +/- 10$.

I'm looking at a stavr scoop, the euro- uh, I'll just show you a pic.

Seems like stavr has some good reviews here, so I won' be screwed like last time. (Oh, the funny days.)
Evro-2v.33R-1200x800.jpg

Yes? No? Am I going to be the laughing stock once again?

Josh

Solid scoop Josh - one of the best - many on here would highly recommend! :good:

Let's see a picture of the scoop you broke.

Buy a scoop with strength engineered into it.

The wide, flat top scoops with their wire braces will always fail over time. A narrow top where the handle attaches does not bend or break.

Attachments

• tough scoop (2).jpg
    tough scoop (2).jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 520
Yes! I did it! I got a yes on a thread about scoops! :laughing:

Okay, but lets see what all the others think.

Yes:1

No: 0

"Go get a sunspot, you cheapskate!": 0

I own both Sunspot and Stavr you won't go wrong with either...

What did you learn? You get what you pay for... buy cheap don't expect it to last.

Find a metal fabricator in your area and let them look to see if it can be repaired. And yes Stavr makes a very good scoop for the money. And his scoops are in your price range.

No pic yet ? Sorry , but I can't see a kid that's maybe 4'10 and 98 lbs breaking any scoop but a pooper scooper. Unless of course , dad is doing the digging.
"The truth will set you free"

No pic yet ? Sorry , but I can't see a kid that's maybe 4'10 and 98 lbs breaking any scoop but a pooper scooper. Unless of course , dad is doing the digging.
"The truth will set you free"

School night might already be in bed , or doing his homework , sure he will post when he sees this

Here is the pic. The tip, as you see, kinda folded.

Good idea on the welding, but I think it'll be a bit too costly.

Name:Sand_Scoop_Tip_Fail:/(180.9KB)

Seems like you need to straighten it, not bend it. Or I guess you could put a plate and weld that on.

Josh

Here is the pic. The tip, as you see, kinda folded.

Good idea on the welding, but I think it'll be a bit too costly.

Name:Sand_Scoop_Tip_Fail:/(180.9KB)

Seems like you need to straighten it, not bend it. Or I guess you could put a plate and weld that on.

Josh

I can see how it folded from your picture... you bought a scoop made out of aluminum foil :D

Here is the picture of the one I bought. :(
Eventually you can have it fixed and use it for the dry sand. It'll be good for that since it's small. I have a smaller aluminum scoop with a built in handle and that's what I use it for.

Back
Top Bottom