pinpointer losing depth

hammer3031

my Garrett pinpointer used to pick up a coin like 3-4 inches away now it wont pick anything up unless its almost touching it I changed the battery and no change any tips on how I can fix it

my Garrett pinpointer used to pick up a coin like 3-4 inches away now it wont pick anything up unless its almost touching it I changed the battery and no change any tips on how I can fix it

You probably are aware of this, but when you turn it on are you keeping the tip away from anything metal? It will set it's sensitivity when powered on based on it's proximity to a target.

How old is your GPP? Sometimes things just wear out…and the GPP is no stranger to erratic problems showing up over time.

if nobody has any ideas on how to fix maybe can you recommend a new pinpointer I got mine like almost 4 years ago so I'm kinda out of touch with the new pinpointers :?: like I just seen the orange garrett one for the first time yesterday shows you how out of touch I am :laughing:

Bentrod its like 4 years old must be just old ill have to look into a new one and yeah I turn it on away from any metal

That does sound odd. Most of the time they fail by going off when not near metal. My first lasted just shy of 2 years, I'm on year 2 or 3 with my second and so far so good. I would suspect there isn't a "fix" for that problem without sending it back to Garrett.
I'd probably just look into getting one of the newer waterproof ones myself if it were me and maybe tear apart the other to see if it had water or dirt inside in the meantime. If I could fix it then I'd keep it as a backup.

Back
Top Bottom