Which LF coil for X terra

Coppertop

Elite Member
Which X terra DD coil should I get
for park coins and sometimes hunts in the woods?
The 10.5 DD MF or the 15 inch LF coiltek?
Already have the 6 inch digger for very
Trashy sites.
I like the fact that the wot DD coil is
a LF coil and waterproof.

I love my 3kHz WOT, but not for woods. It's even a pain in corn, wheat, and bean stubble. For parks, unless they're pretty clean it won't have sufficient separation simply due to it's length heel-to-toe.
The 10.5 MF DD is a coil that everyone should have in their arsenal, and probably what I would suggest. The LF WOT you can get later if you decide that you could benefit from it.

I love my 3kHz WOT, but not for woods. It's even a pain in corn, wheat, and bean stubble. For parks, unless they're pretty clean it won't have sufficient separation simply due to it's length heel-to-toe.
The 10.5 MF DD is a coil that everyone should have in their arsenal, and probably what I would suggest. The LF WOT you can get later if you decide that you could benefit from it.

Ok I'll get the 10.5 MF
So where do you use the LF wot coil?
Didn't I read somewhere where you said that the LF wot
Is your favorite coil?

It is! It practically lives on my Xterra. It seems like it only comes off in favor of the 6" Digger or MF DD. I hunt mostly open fields and low trash parks with the WOT. On rare occasion when I go to a beach, I take the HF WOT. I keep a stock 9" MF CC around for test purposes, because it provides a benchmark. And my 9" LF CC I just can't bring myself to part with, even though I haven used it for 3yrs.

You also have to understand too that I have an Explorer SE w/several coils and a dedicated water machine as well. So I have no shortage of choices when it comes to setting up for a site. Frequently I'll hit good sites multiple times with a variety of setups, just to make sure that I get as much as possible of what's there to find.

Dang I think I should get one too then for fields
and pristine parks.
Your right,going over the best spots with different
Coils is the bomb.
Ok a 6,10.5,15 and the 10x5
And I'm all set.:yes:
Oh wait,no concentric in my line up..:?:
Ah no biggie.

Back
Top Bottom