One Of My "BEST" Coin Shooter Metal Detectors Got Ring #3 Yesterday!

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

(pic of my highbanker)

I was going to do some gold sluicing in the morning, however, after going to the river (10 minute drive) the river is still way too high and the gold producing gravel bars are still under water. So.........plan "B." Go on the computer, hit Google Maps and sort of used it like a Ouija board, hopping to find a good spot to detect. I found I place near a school, and spent the next 3 hours popping out coins as fast as I could. I pretty well used a screwdriver and my Garrett wireless carrot. No digger needed, nor appreciated by groundskeepers either.

Here's a video..." How To Dig 2-3X more coins I made last year for you coin and jewelry hunters you might find of interest. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoLvboex7sM

Below are are finds for the day!

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 410

(pic of my highbanker)

I was going to do some gold sluicing in the morning, however, after going to the river (10 minute drive) the river is still way too high and the gold producing gravel bars are still under water. So.........plan "B." Go on the computer, hit Google Maps and sort of used it like a Ouija board, hopping to find a good spot to detect. I found I place near a school, and spent the next 3 hours popping out coins as fast as I could. I pretty well used a screwdriver and my Garrett wireless carrot. No digger needed, nor appreciated by groundskeepers either.

Here's a video..." How To Dig 2-3X more coins I made last year for you coin and jewelry hunters you might find of interest. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoLvboex7sM

Below are are finds for the day!

John it looks like you're well on your way to purchasing another gold coin with your clad finds.

I know it's a staple diet for many detectorists, and you can only dig what in the permissions you have, but i avoid modern coin sites like the plague. They stopped using full silver here around the 1920's, and that's pretty much my cut off point, most coins i find newer than that get tossed into the hedge line.

I know it's a staple diet for many detectorists, and you can only dig what in the permissions you have, but i avoid modern coin sites like the plague. They stopped using full silver here around the 1920's, and that's pretty much my cut off point, most coins i find newer than that get tossed into the hedge line.

Yeah, I usually just stuff any bills I get smaller than a ten right into the trash can. Nothing more annoying in a guy's pocket than money.

Lol, i like money in my pockets, but only money that i can spend. Can't spend coins that are out of circulation!

Yeah, I usually just stuff any bills I get smaller than a ten right into the trash can. Nothing more annoying in a guy's pocket than money.

Lol, i like money in my pockets, but only money that i can spend. Can't spend coins that are out of circulation!

I know what you mean. My clad $$$ from the past 20+ years purchased these. Ever try to pay for a nice meal you and your wife had with a gold coin? Ever try buy a pack of smokes out of a machine with gold coins? No can do! ( I quit smoking 25 years ago)

Hunting for modern coins is such a waste! :lol:

Attachments

• ab3.jpg
    ab3.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 304
They change our coins too often, i'd guess the oldest coin i could spend is a 1 or 2 pence coin from the 1970's.
I could goto my local park and probably dig hundreds of coins, as they've never been detected, but 99% of the money would be worthless!

Got ya now that I looked at your location..;) The concept of out of circulation modern coinage is a pretty alien one over here...

Nice collection of gold there, the only gold coins i have are one's i've found detecting.

With a wife and 4 young kids at home, i doubt i could convince myself that spending hours and hours digging a few dollars in clad is an unselfish thing to do, i'd only feel regret at time lost with my family every time i looked at the gold coins.

Maybe that will change when i'm old and retired though!

I know what you mean. My clad $$$ from the past 20+ years purchased these. Ever try to pay for a nice meal you and your wife had with a gold coin? Ever try buy a pack of smokes out of a machine with gold coins? No can do! ( I quit smoking 25 years ago)

Hunting for modern coins is such a waste! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom