Cherry pick or relic program advice?

kelpike

Elite Member
I think I'm finally and slowly starting to learn my Nox 800 somewhat. I recently received permission to detect 2 houses near me that have some pretty good history. I believe they were built around the mid 1800s. Still researching that. I had to set threshold at 0 because the detector was driving me crazy. (Not sure if thats a good idea or not). I'm trying to cover as much ground as possible before the snow flies so I've been running a "cherry picking" program and have found 2 large cents, a few wheats and one Indian head cent, along with quite a bit of trash of course. Would you guys recommend a relic program instead or continue picking and then switch to a relic program? Or???

I prefer to cherry-pick first and then come back later when time permits.

I had a friend who was very thorough in his hunting. He could spend an entire day in a single front yard. He used a small 4" coil so he wouldn't miss anything. Over the years he found many nice things and missed getting to hunt a lot of sites.

My time is limited so I like to make it count. ONLY in tot lots do I go slow & wide open because it has proven to be worth it. Later, I will return and cut back my selective hunting, but I like the quick rewards now.

Back
Top Bottom