Equinox 700 and 900

Thats easy , just check all my posts requesting ML to make a PI , its like a fly on s--- :yes::lol: Craig ML isn't going to make a PI , you have over 100 excuses , look for all your posts AFTER mine :roll: :shock: Like a hemorriod it doesn;t go away :yes::lol: The way I see it now that Eric died , someone has to make one , and who ever does , will see sales , an open market now that Whites is out of bussiness , Garrett STILL making a tank , the rest are garbage , I won't buy another VLF till I get a NEW PI , don't want a Surf PI now , Plugger is out of bussiness & I gave the Plugger strait shaft to the guy , the S shaft was garbage :realitycheck::chaplin:

Take a look at a Tarsacci. Interesting machine - Pulse and VDI at the same time, capable of moderate water hunting.

I am used to hunting with detectors with no screens a pulse, the Excal, GT I am a tone hunter... maybe I'll paint the Nox's screen :laughing:

Yeah I know, sound guys are hardcore and old school, I admire that. I tried a ,, Tesero, was it ? Years ago and could not adapt. I basically use VDI for shallow coin sized metal objects, and sound for the deep ones, where VDI is unreliable to non existent anyhow, so I see it as the best of both worlds ,, Though sound only all the time I imagine would provoke the brain into more thought and may result in more digging/more finds at the cost of more time.

Yeah I know, sound guys are hardcore and old school, I admire that. I tried a ,, Tesero, was it ? Years ago and could not adapt. I basically use VDI for shallow coin sized metal objects, and sound for the deep ones, where VDI is unreliable to non existent anyhow, so I see it as the best of both worlds ,, Though sound only all the time I imagine would provoke the brain into more thought and may result in more digging/more finds at the cost of more time.

I will check out any peep that comes through a null like I do with the Excal when I hunt in PP mode... I have found some very deep nickels and old gold that way...

You got me... I am old school.... time is not an issue for me... I will swing until I find an area with targets then I will work that spot hard digging everything from it... years ago I went on a hunt with several other good hunters.. I was waiting for a pulse hunter to get tired of digging trash so I could swoop in after he left the spot... I had my Excal Blue... I was hunting in the water anyway he left... I moved in and I stayed in this small area the rest of the time we were there... he found a pouch full of ferrous targets and 1 Merc dime... I pulled multiple silvers and 4 gold the time I was there... OBN knows the hunt... he was there...

I have tried Tesoro and they have their fans but I was not one of them... at least with GT or Excal the tones are awesome you knew when were over gold... I like the Nox but I love the tones of the Excals way more info with tones than the Nox... plus the Excal is a little deeper than the Nox but I use the Nox in heavy iron where it shines for me...

I think we're seeing the future of metal detectors. I believe we will see other manufacturers follow Minelabs lead. Although the Minelab Go Find and Garrett AT series follow the same concept.

I used to be happy swinging my light Tesoro Compadre in my tot lots until I found it wouldn't hit some of the small odd shaped gold I had found with my DFX in tot lots.

I believe tot lot hunting is somewhat like beach hunting in that I see what made my detector sound off no matter what the VDI says, so I really have no need for a display. When I'm hunting parks & school fields, a good display is a must have. And the more accurate the better. I think having 100 conductive target IDs in the minimum for useful VDIs. Anything less is just a guess.

Last edited:
Kudos to Minelab, customers have been screaming for Minelab to upgrade the Equinox and here it is. The upgrade and enhanced performance are wanted/needed, I'll certainly be looking hard at these newly released upgraded Equinox. Minelab rocks

Old School

Cfm-ct -- ( You got me... I am old school.... ) I was correct all along , member's should address you accordingly , instead of Cfm-ct , it's now OLD SCHOOL :yes: :dingding::scope::lol: WE are waiting West Coast > Rudy's final approval ::cool3:

I know about digging deep targets Larry, my first 5 years beach hunting all I owned was a pulse detector... sure was fun digging tiny steel staples down a foot or more back then... it inspired me :laughing: My first 3 weeks with my PI was hell I was ready to throw the detector as far as I could into the water... then nest time out I found a gold wedding band... its the one I wear... day after that 3 more gold rings... then I loved my pulse :yes:

Do you still own a Pulse detector? What kind was it?

MA

If he does still have his PI , a scoop trade could happen , PS he might as well include his NOX , because that detector is not OLD SCHOOL equipment :yes::lol:

Phiber Reply back

Checked that machine out , doesn't appear to be a PI , it's called Mixed Domain , fancy words , it appears to be not even a- multi Freq, MACHINE , as it has 4 freq., to choose from one at a time , even though it has a black sand mode , im not interested , my Nox will do with the 15 coil not the 11- till a NEW WP -PI with gold technology within for salt beach/ water hunting emerges , happy hunting . PS Don't know why ML hasn't produced a PI , only to get under the skin of EQ600 & 800 owner's , coming out with a 700 & 900 :roll::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::confused::gaah::snapoutofit::takethat: It appears to me , they have no problem stepping on dedicated customer toes , meaning , if an improved Equinox was to be made , maybe a 1000 down the road , a 700 & 900 :roll: a slap on the back of all 600 & 800 owner's :imo: , Not cutting them down , but thats just 2 more VLFS added to the to many out , and now 4 NOX machines :roll:

I will check out any peep that comes through a null like I do with the Excal when I hunt in PP mode... I have found some very deep nickels and old gold that way...

I found out long ago they key to finding deep coins with any detector is very slow, overlapping sweeps with the coil skimming the ground and investigating any spotty, weak but repeatable signal. Yes VFI is useless for that, but the pinpoint can help and confirm that you have a deep, small metal object. I have used that method with the Ace 400 [And deep for that machine is about 7"] And I have recently used it with the Legend and found my deepest coin ever, a nickel down a full foot at the beach.
So the method is the same but different machines may alert in different ways, and the renowned deep seeking machines I am guessing must simply be more powerful and sensitive.

You got me... I am old school.... time is not an issue for me... I will swing until I find an area with targets then I will work that spot hard digging everything from it... years ago I went on a hunt with several other good hunters.. I was waiting for a pulse hunter to get tired of digging trash so I could swoop in after he left the spot... I had my Excal Blue... I was hunting in the water anyway he left... I moved in and I stayed in this small area the rest of the time we were there... he found a pouch full of ferrous targets and 1 Merc dime... I pulled multiple silvers and 4 gold the time I was there... OBN knows the hunt... he was there...

I have tried Tesoro and they have their fans but I was not one of them... at least with GT or Excal the tones are awesome you knew when were over gold... I like the Nox but I love the tones of the Excals way more info with tones than the Nox... plus the Excal is a little deeper than the Nox but I use the Nox in heavy iron where it shines for me...

A mans gotta have more than 1 tool, and more than 1 method for a wide variety of situations and conditions. I like hearing about the ways of the older classic deep seeking machines, though I'll likely never use one, lessons can still be learned and applied to the machines I use, and vice versa.
I see guys with top end machines swinging wildly, not even close to overlapping, coil inches above the ground and moving like their shoes are on fire. Their goal is to cover as much ground as quick as possible, thinking that their odds of finding something good will be increased by haste and speed.
But we know, the opposite is true. There is a vast difference between covering alot of ground, and effectively covering alot of ground - And the only way to increase your odds is knowing whatever detector you are using, and taking your time. That plus research and plain old luck, the thrill of the chase aspect to me is the most enjoyable.

Do you still own a Pulse detector? What kind was it?

I had 3 Detector Head-Hunter, Whites PI PRO (favorite) Whites Dual Field...

Friend gave me a Barracuda but it had water intrusion so I gave it to someone to tinker with...

I would like another pulse but they are not an option at the old spots I hunt... that is why I went to the GT and Excal before trying a Nox its ok its not a barn burner like some make it out to be... I think its better in the dirt sniffing out silver... I have not dug as deep with the Nox that I have with the Excal or GT

Checked that machine out , doesn't appear to be a PI , it's called Mixed Domain , fancy words , it appears to be not even a- multi Freq, MACHINE , as it has 4 freq., to choose from one at a time , even though it has a black sand mode , im not interested , my Nox will do with the 15 coil not the 11- till a NEW WP -PI with gold technology within for salt beach/ water hunting emerges , happy hunting . PS Don't know why ML hasn't produced a PI , only to get under the skin of EQ600 & 800 owner's , coming out with a 700 & 900 :roll::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::confused::gaah::snapoutofit::takethat: It appears to me , they have no problem stepping on dedicated customer toes , meaning , if an improved Equinox was to be made , maybe a 1000 down the road , a 700 & 900 :roll: a slap on the back of all 600 & 800 owner's :imo: , Not cutting them down , but thats just 2 more VLFS added to the to many out !

By the time someone comes out with a new pulse... you will be in a rocking chair staring out your window Mr.GoldSlumpy :lol:

LoL

OLD SCHOOL --:snowtruck::snowtruck::snowtruck::snowtruck::snowtruck: When I am in that rocking chair , and if your snow plow business dry's up , from global warming , you can alway's come down here & play in the White sand instead of the rocks , Ill let you land scape , since you want to work forever howboughtit :shock::lol::friends: , I look out for my bro's :yes: PS I have a Sugar Sand scoop up for trade with you , could push you off the edge to retirement , get you out of CT. to hunt with your buddy Felix , train him to find more gold , less pennies with the Sugarsand 1/8 hole scoop , no good in the rocks of CT :yes:;)

Attachments

• P1010636.jpg
    P1010636.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 237
I found out long ago they key to finding deep coins with any detector is very slow, overlapping sweeps with the coil skimming the ground and investigating any spotty, weak but repeatable signal. Yes VFI is useless for that, but the pinpoint can help and confirm that you have a deep, small metal object. I have used that method with the Ace 400 [And deep for that machine is about 7"] And I have recently used it with the Legend and found my deepest coin ever, a nickel down a full foot at the beach.
So the method is the same but different machines may alert in different ways, and the renowned deep seeking machines I am guessing must simply be more powerful and sensitive.

A mans gotta have more than 1 tool, and more than 1 method for a wide variety of situations and conditions. I like hearing about the ways of the older classic deep seeking machines, though I'll likely never use one, lessons can still be learned and applied to the machines I use, and vice versa.
I see guys with top end machines swinging wildly, not even close to overlapping, coil inches above the ground and moving like their shoes are on fire. Their goal is to cover as much ground as quick as possible, thinking that their odds of finding something good will be increased by haste and speed.
But we know, the opposite is true. There is a vast difference between covering alot of ground, and effectively covering alot of ground - And the only way to increase your odds is knowing whatever detector you are using, and taking your time. That plus research and plain old luck, the thrill of the chase aspect to me is the most enjoyable.

I agree... I see the guys moving way too fast even in the water swinging like they are cutting hay... I am a scrubber and I move at a snails pace when I am on targets... the only thing the fast movers are going to find is shallow targets mostly...

I hunt areas others don't want to... I'm all about hunting difficult rocky area's I almost never hunt sandy beaches too much trash lives there... I prefer the rocky, muddy beaches... and Connecticut is loaded with them...

OLD SCHOOL --:snowtruck::snowtruck::snowtruck::snowtruck::snowtruck: When I am in that rocking chair , and if your snow plow business dry's up , from global warming , you can alway's come down here & play in the White sand instead of the rocks , Ill let you land scape , since you want to work forever howboughtit :shock::lol::friends: , I look out for my bro's :yes: PS I have a Sugar Sand scoop up for trade with you , could push you off the edge to retirement , get you out of CT. to hunt with your buddy Felix , train him to find more gold , less pennies with the Sugarsand 1/8 hole scoop , no good in the rocks of CT :yes:;)

Earl... call me old school all day long... I hunt when I have free time... I don't sit around hoping for a detector to be built... you have plenty of quality detectors... you don't need a pulse just take the dog and hit the beach you may put your coil over some good stuff... you certainly aren't going to sitting at home...

Everybody over 60

Is Old School Craig :laughing: , in your post you admitted you were Old School , don't get mad at me cause your still going to work :roll: Do yourself a favor , instead of telling hunter's how to hunt on beaches you never hunted , take your dog with you the next time you hunt , :shock::lol: If the hunting was good here in the off season , OBN would be down here :laughing: , it's not , hunting season is fresh drop only here JULY -AUGUST when the depositors are here , not many storms nor sand movement , anyway back to this thread 700 & 900 :roll: so that is 4 Equinox's , funny noone else finds this one funny :lol: I DO :okpeople::crazy::viking::twisted::sarcastic:

Is Old School Craig :laughing: , in your post you admitted you were Old School , don't get mad at me cause your still going to work :roll: Do yourself a favor , instead of telling hunter's how to hunt on beaches you never hunted , take your dog with you the next time you hunt , :shock::lol: If the hunting was good here in the off season , OBN would be down here :laughing: , it's not , hunting season is fresh drop only here JULY -AUGUST when the depositors are here , not many storms nor sand movement , anyway back to this thread 700 & 900 :roll: so that is 4 Equinox's , funny noone else finds this one funny :lol: I DO :okpeople::crazy::viking::twisted::sarcastic:

You are not going to find any gold sitting on your couch.... :roll:

People walk the beaches during the colder months... if they pull off their gloves rings sometimes come off...

You are full of excuses... my advice sell your scoops and detectors and find a new hobby :laughing:

People walk the beaches during the colder months... if they pull off their gloves rings sometimes come off...

You are full of excuses... my advice sell your scoops and detectors and find a new hobby :laughing:
:shock:

:popcorn:

It works the same in tot lots. People would think during the winter cold months there would be less found, when in fact I find more. I believe it is because the kids are wearing gloves & coats but when they get warmed up playing they take them off, and the jewelry is pulled off also.

It works the same in tot lots. People would think during the winter cold months there would be less found, when in fact I find more. I believe it is because the kids are wearing gloves & coats but when they get warmed up playing they take them off, and the jewelry is pulled off also.

Sometimes one has to think out of the box now and then... it makes a successful hunter... ;)

Back
Top Bottom