10PM Phone Rescue!

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Four saves today. We start with a phone that dove off a boat last night in Beacon Cove. They contacted me today and I told them I would get it and take it home since they live close to me. I was able to find it, a lake life hoodie and a dock box. I left the dock box down there but told them about it. It was closed, I always wonder what is in those things! Phone was a Samsung 10 and came right on when I picked it up in 12' of water

Next call was a power converter at Emerald city. I found that along with two shore power covers for a boat.

Then I get a call from Algonac about a phone in a canal. I get there not knowing the phone was out in the middle of the canal. I try to go look for it but the weeds were over 6 foot tall and it was impossible. So I go back in and get my metal detector. I can swing that in the weeds even though it is a bit tiring. First overload signal was the Iphone 12 still working.

Last but not least was a phone call at 9:45 about a phone that dove off a dock at Mac Ray. I get there and get out of my truck. The bugs want to eat me alive or so it seamed. I got my wet suit on super fast and they decided to swarm around my head. I couldn't get the rest of my gear on fast enough and jump in the water. Pulled up another working phone and just got home.

Attachments

• animals-oxygen_tank-diver-diving_equipment-shark-predator-gra100803_low.jpg
    animals-oxygen_tank-diver-diving_equipment-shark-predator-gra100803_low.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 365
I nominate ScubaDetective for sainthood. Do I hear a second to that motion ?

I nominate ScubaDetective for sainthood. Do I hear a second to that motion ?
No sainthood. Me personally , I would not enjoy returning other people's lost stuff on a consistent basis. This is his JOB. Mine is a HOBBY that I love and do quite well. But he is living his life fully , doing what he loves as well. If it wasn't worthwhile , he probably wouldn't do it as a business. Gotta respect that.

Nice job Robert! I have a Samsung 10 so its good to know that it's a survivor.

No sainthood. Me personally , I would not enjoy returning other people's lost stuff on a consistent basis. This is his JOB. Mine is a HOBBY that I love and do quite well. But he is living his life fully , doing what he loves as well. If it wasn't worthwhile , he probably wouldn't do it as a business. Gotta respect that.

This is NOT a job. It is a hobby and a fun one. If you brought in over 3 grand a week in cash you might change your tune.

This is NOT a job. It is a hobby and a fun one. ....

Sure, it might be a hobby, and might be fun, and might pay, but ..... it's of inconceivable kindness to those who you hunt for. So you're getting bennies from every single angle a) rewards, b) fun, and c) helping others. Great posts !

This is NOT a job. It is a hobby and a fun one. If you brought in over 3 grand a week in cash you might change your tune.

Huh ? Am I missing something here ? Maybe it's a combination of both. But a hobby is just that , a hobby. Do you do all your recoveries for free , as a "hobby" ? No , you don't. You get $. You drive around in a plastered logo truck , advertising your services. You advertise on social media and other outlets as well. You may be fooling yourself and others , but that is a business. Which I'm sure graduated from a hobby , which is awesome. I commend what you do for people. But THE KOB disagrees. Especially if you are consistently knocking down $140k+ a year.

Ps. And why would someone pay $200 for a sunglass recovery that costs $75 new ?

Huh ? Am I missing something here ? Maybe it's a combination of both. But a hobby is just that , a hobby. Do you do all your recoveries for free , as a "hobby" ? No , you don't. You get $. You drive around in a plastered logo truck , advertising your services. You advertise on social media and other outlets as well. You may be fooling yourself and others , but that is a business. Which I'm sure graduated from a hobby , which is awesome. I commend what you do for people. But THE KOB disagrees. Especially if you are consistently knocking down $140k+ a year.

Ps. And why would someone pay $200 for a sunglass recovery that costs $75 new ?

Nobody ever gave me 200.00 for 75.00 sunglasses. Not a business as I never charge. Sure I expect something BUT I take what I am given. And this is only a 4 month of the year hobby.

Nobody ever gave me 200.00 for 75.00 sunglasses. Not a business as I never charge. Sure I expect something BUT I take what I am given. And this is only a 4 month of the year hobby.
Hah ! I knew I was missing something. That's right , it freezes over , gets cold. So that's why you're a madman running all those returns when you can. Then recharge yourself when the season is over. Still awesome though...

... Do you do all your recoveries for free , as a "hobby" ? No , you don't. You get $.....

Right. Although we all enjoy any excuse to get out and hunt, & we don't mind helping someone "down and out", yet : I have no problem at all with getting paid. It doesn't detract at all from the altruism.

... Sure I expect something BUT I take what I am given. ....

Not sure how you spell out your terms to your people scuba, but I just simply tell them: "Whatever tip you think is fair". And I've never gotten a tip that I didn't think was more than fair for my time.

Right. Although we all enjoy any excuse to get out and hunt, & we don't mind helping someone "down and out", yet : I have no problem at all with getting paid. It doesn't detract at all from the altruism.

Not sure how you spell out your terms to your people scuba, but I just simply tell them: "Whatever tip you think is fair". And I've never gotten a tip that I didn't think was more than fair for my time.

The only recovery I ever did was a 5$ reward... but that was something they offered, not charged... so Scuba does that on a daily and bigger basis.

Josh

Wow! Sounds like a busy day! Did you have to use a light on that 10 pm dive?

What is the deepest you have had to go to recover a lost item?

great going Scuba.... hobby job fun nice guy...who cares... YOU are happy! clients are happy! we are happy reading this stuff! HAPPY ALL AROUND!

i would love to find all the wonderful coins and stuff.. but thats nothing new. most posts boring after a while. people like Mudpuppy and so forth make them fun at least. your stuff is awesome. i even watch the deep salvage show now on TV. its awesome. something new! like you do!

KEEP IT UP! your posts are a daily read. if you have to go longer will still search and read them when available. . life is short enjoy it!

great going Scuba.... hobby job fun nice guy...who cares... YOU are happy! clients are happy! we are happy reading this stuff! HAPPY ALL AROUND!

i would love to find all the wonderful coins and stuff.. but thats nothing new. most posts boring after a while. people like Mudpuppy and so forth make them fun at least. your stuff is awesome. i even watch the deep salvage show now on TV. its awesome. something new! like you do!

KEEP IT UP! your posts are a daily read. if you have to go longer will still search and read them when available. . life is short enjoy it!
What he said!!!

Back
Top Bottom