My First Gold... It's Plated Too

Wolf-Dog

Elite Member
A few days ago I went to a nearby park. My sister & I were MDing at the baseball/soccer field and there were signals everywhere, so we're definitely planning on going back. :mder: I found a cool coin spill of 2 quarters & a dime stacked directly on top of each other. :cool3:

We made our way over to the playground area and benches. While detecting under the benches, I found tons of pennies (mostly zincolns). I was about to leave when I got a signal showing as a zincoln, with the occasional bounce to nickel/pull tab. I dug down and out popped this ring. :grin:

The only markings are "RSC" and after some research, it looks to be made by RS Covenant. Their rings have a brass core with a three-stage process of electroplating: copper, then nickel, then... gold! :woot: Although it is only plated it is my first gold find, and I am very excited about it. The stones at the center of each flower are either CZ or Swarovski crystal. There's more info about RS Covenant rings on their website.

I also found $1.12 in clad. :grin:

Thanks for looking, happy hunting, & God bless. :D

June 3, 2019 - RSC Gold Plated Ring (On Detector - Resized).jpg

RSC Gold Plated Ring (Close-up of Front Design - Resized).jpg

Last edited:
By digging it all you will be bringing home the real deal in the future Garrett. Just keep doing what your doing. Congrats to both you and your sister. Trapper

Good job, keep up the hard work you never know what's under the next swing.
Thank you, MrLostAndFound - very true! :yes:

Grats on your first plated.
Thank you, Metaladdict! :D

Nice looking ring, Garrett keep at it.
Thank you, Levi! :D

Very cool! Love finding rings! Plated gold is better than a cheap aluminum one! Congrats!
For sure! Thank you, Chris! :D

By digging it all you will be bringing home the real deal in the future Garrett. Just keep doing what your doing. Congrats to both you and your sister. Trapper
Thank you for your kind reply and encouragement, Trapper! :D

Way to go Wolfie!
Keep digging repeatable signals and you will find the goodies that perhaps others have left behind:yes:

Nice ring even if it is plated. When I started detecting my first "gold" ring was a plated girl scout ring. I'm sure you'll find more coins and things when you go back to that site.

Nice job in finding the ring! It is a good primer to finding the solid gold kind next time. Any and all rings always get the blood circulating a little bit faster. Congrats!

Way to go Wolfie!
Keep digging repeatable signals and you will find the goodies that perhaps others have left behind:yes:
Thank you, Matt! :grin: That'd be great! :detector:

Nice ring even if it is plated. When I started detecting my first "gold" ring was a plated girl scout ring. I'm sure you'll find more coins and things when you go back to that site.
Thank you, Ed! I hope so. :mder:

Nice job in finding the ring! It is a good primer to finding the solid gold kind next time. Any and all rings always get the blood circulating a little bit faster. Congrats!
Thank you, John! :D Yeppers! :yes:

NICE! Sounds like you guys have a good place to detect there. Digging those penny signals in places like that is a good way to increase your odds of finding rings. The hard part is when you find a valuable ring. Unless you can return it, you want to sell it...but you want to keep it...but you could sell it...but then you wouldn't have it anymore...good luck with that! :yes:

NICE! Sounds like you guys have a good place to detect there. Digging those penny signals in places like that is a good way to increase your odds of finding rings. The hard part is when you find a valuable ring. Unless you can return it, you want to sell it...but you want to keep it...but you could sell it...but then you wouldn't have it anymore...good luck with that! :yes:
Thank you, Blaise! :D Haha. Yeah, I was thinking about a future situation like you mentioned, and indeed it would be a tough decision! :yes: I don't think this place has been hit before, there are coin signals everywhere.

Finding gold rings isn't easy. Real gold usually reads like pulltabs and I don't dig them. I have only found a few in all of my years of detecting. I am glad your detector is working for you. How is your sister's detector working for her?

Back
Top Bottom