Staying in shape during down time

zeemang

Forum Supporter
For the past month or so my wife and I have been doing light weight workouts. One day is arms and shoulders, next day legs, etc. We are using very light weights, 5 pounds, and switch to 10 pound weighs for one set. It really seems to be helping my shoulders, which has always given me issues when I hunt frequently. Hoping to keep in shape and actually be in better shape for when I can finally get out and not be beat after an hour. Still no word on when beaches may open down here...
Anyone else doing something similar?

I probably should but don't. Lighter weights are good for that tone and muscular strength. Repetitions are the key. I feel sorry for you and everyone else who can't detect. Hopefully it opens soon for you guys.

Was 179...Now 184. My diet got worse during the lock down...Things are opening here finally so maybe I can get back down to trim.

Was 179...Now 184. My diet got worse during the lock down...Things are opening here finally so maybe I can get back down to trim.

What ? Come on. You haven't been hunting ? The pirate of all pirates ? I thought maybe you were testing a new machine....

My husband and I do a 20-minute, low impact "routine" (we mix it up) every day that we found on youtube called Hasfit. It has a series of exercises for old-sters that are based on stretching movements. I also do what I call water-pressure moves in the pool ---REALLY makes a difference.

For the past month or so my wife and I have been doing light weight workouts. One day is arms and shoulders, next day legs, etc. We are using very light weights, 5 pounds, and switch to 10 pound weighs for one set. It really seems to be helping my shoulders, which has always given me issues when I hunt frequently. Hoping to keep in shape and actually be in better shape for when I can finally get out and not be beat after an hour. Still no word on when beaches may open down here...
Anyone else doing something similar?

Down time? Didn't know there was such a thing. You should try keeping your skills sharp on the land, while waiting for the beaches. I promise... there's gold there, too!

Skippy

At 58 I climb ladders and walk about 3 miles per day at work. I skip lunch 4 out of 7 days, not by choice. Maintaining 200lbs, 6’2”.

What ? Come on. You haven't been hunting ? The pirate of all pirates ? I thought maybe you were testing a new machine....
Still waiting for my "AQ"...or Pulse Devil ..which ever comes first..:no:

Not much hunting this month ..maybe 5 times, most of the hunting now is very selective, only hunting the best conditions.... which has been good so far.

Hasfit

My husband and I do a 20-minute, low impact "routine" (we mix it up) every day that we found on youtube called Hasfit. It has a series of exercises for old-sters that are based on stretching movements. I also do what I call water-pressure moves in the pool ---REALLY makes a difference.

They do have a good variety of workouts keeps it from getting boring. Does taking the granddaughter and dog for a 2-3 hour walk pulling a wagon count as a work out.

Surfing. Lots of longboarding to be specific. Went from 195lbs around the start of the year to 172lbs today. Also been walking up/down my condo stairs with a 20lb plate carrier for cardio. Cut way back on the alcohol and now eating more veggies/home cooked meals.

I have maintained the same weight and kept up my same nightly walking routine from years ago and the pushup and crunch exercises that I started about a year ago to help my strength for detecting. Going to add resistance bands once a week now. I know that once I get out and am able to detect the 2-3X that I was detecting before, there are muscles that are going to be really sore those first few times.

Back
Top Bottom