Whites TDI Beachhunter

I'm getting old too. Right now I'm dealing with my third hernia. The idea of digging unnecessary deep holes is very unappealing. The other PI being discussed all the time with discrimination abilities has an appeal to it. But for another grand? And the larger question for me is...... does the discrimination ability disappear with depth blowing up the idea of not digging unessesary deep holes.

Had both. The tdi is definitely different than the df. Much much quieter and more options on how to run it... unfortunately whites didnt mod the battery compartment to accept 10 aa batteries instead of 8

Steve it could be because of heat generated like the TDI PRO.. that's why they didn't go forward with waterproofing the TDI PRO... heat&water equals condensation... ;) Just a guess on my part..

Just trying to get an Idea are people sliding a 8 pk of 14.8 - 8 aa compartment , you know the extra aa empty pack ? the same as the V31 , If thats the case ya the should have made a 10 pk

earl there are 4 panasonic 3500 mah 3.7 volt batterys put into a whites double AA pack with a balance board thats what gives you more power fully charged they put out 16.9 volts even though its advertised for 14.8 volts i just got the battery and tried it out the other day its putting out the same amount as my stock TDIpro battery

earl there are 4 panasonic 3500 mah 3.7 volt batterys put into a whites double AA pack with a balance board thats what gives you more power fully charged they put out 16.9 volts even though its advertised for 14.8 volts i just got the battery and tried it out the other day its putting out the same amount as my stock TDIpro battery
Mark - Any concern with this extra voltage frying the detector? Doesn't it void the warranty as well?

No Craig, i will pull the trigger on a detector of my choice, waiting , kicking back, you pull the trigger. It will be the CT TDI musketeer's howboutit. Getting old Craig, if i am going to dig 2 foot creator's at the beach , which down here might be a problem, i want to know if gold is at the bottom, i am not impressed with the battery system in this machine, Steve is wright , Whites should have made a 10 pack , here is another example, in Surf Pi Df , they use the same mickey mouse 8 pack holder , that's in my 1976 coinmaster, they brake , broke 2 so far , and have to fix the mickey mouse connector to the battery pack, I see the Manta-- same not enough battery, just like a boat motor , put on the max for me, don't under power it, i want the power their , it's cheaper that's why they do it to cut a few cents'. might wait to see what Minelab bring's , as they all way's come out in front of the pack, if you get a TDI like Mark, and George, good luck with it, just can't see you digging 2 foot on a regular basis, I am going to pump the DF - up to 15 volt's, never go past 18, and closer to 18 does cut's down on the components life span , maybe than ill get two foot :shock::lol: out of my DF , think about it- both DF and TDI, basically the same component's- you change to a higher voltage battery, Both -can do More, instead of running 8 - 1.5AA batteries the depth will change google it , like i did. That's the reason the signal is louder with more voltage , your able to hear target's at greater depth. I will test this, as other people have done already , the info is out their. Maybe try it yourself, you still have your DF with the same COIL, opps if it's true , the DF keep's up with the TDI :shock::lol: The secret TDI sauce buster. Anyway found out batteries really not available , only packs, saw 1.6 volt , lithium 3.6, but really dont want to run those with blanks.

90% of the time I use a 12v battery, same as 8x1.5v aa. There is no comparison to the df. The higher voltage is a double sided coin. Even running stock 12v there are some good targets that I can't recover

Mark - Any concern with this extra voltage frying the detector? Doesn't it void the warranty as well?

no not concerned at all reidman is a professional and knows what he is doing the batterys are made the correct way it wont hurt the machine or i would not have bought it the stock batterys are garbage

no not concerned at all reidman is a professional and knows what he is doing the batterys are made the correct way it wont hurt the machine or i would not have bought it the stock batterys are garbage

So are you running your battery at 14 or 16v? Fully charged

Red battery is 12v. Last longer than a hunt.
Other battery is from an aa modded battery pack. 4.2v x 4. Each battery is taken out to be charged and checked after each hunt. Protected cells, also the charger is top notch.
I shut it off when the batteries are at 4.1 or slightly less.
Anyone see any problems with this setup?

Last edited:
Red battery is 12v. Last longer than a hunt.
Other battery is from an aa modded battery pack. 4.2v x 4. Each battery is taken out to be charged and checked after each hunt. Protected cells, also the charger is top notch.
I shut it off when the batteries are at 4.1 or slightly less.
Anyone see any problems with this setup?
yeah no balance board with the cells

Steve

Craig took me wrong, i want to pump up the voltage on my Df, to 15 or 16 , i looked two hours last night for aa batteries 1.5 and 1.6 doesnt add up, so i than looked at 3.6 lithium id say use 4 with 4 dummies, come to the conclusion those 3.6 are high dollar, so i need maybe a 8 cell , the battery on the df is 4 aa on each side , so i am looking for a 8 cell pack to drop in the df box, i most likely need to change the connection also, as that 1900s connection needs to go, i have to fix one wire that dropped off the connector, i would rather clip the entire connection, add a clip connector to the battery, so now i am looking for a pack 8 cell stack , male female connection, and rechargable pumping out 15 to 16 volts, with a charger. Ps i run lithium in my headlamp gear , but heat and lithum batteries sometimes dont jive.

Mine arrived today. Coil is heavier than the df or other tdi series. Probably a different epoxy inside.

Nobody mentioned that the battery compartment has been modified to accept ONLY whites batteries. All my SL after market batteries are useless.

Mine arrived today. Coil is heavier than the df or other tdi series. Probably a different epoxy inside.

Nobody mentioned that the battery compartment has been modified to accept ONLY whites batteries. All my SL after market batteries are useless.

You can modify the extra battery compartment..

Steve

You mean you never checked out the You Tube flick on the TDI Beach hunter before ordering, White's has been using this type of set up for a long time including the 1970s battery plastic holder's like on the DF , i am hoping the Manta will have a better system at least an 8 hour charge run time , anyway enjoy your new machine, Earl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzC-70tvZVc

Ok Now you guys are making me think of trying my muddy beach where I can sink up to my knees if I stand still long enough. The goodies are probably out of reach but I may try it when a mega negative tide comes in the summer.:cool3:

You can modify the extra battery compartment..

First thing I wanted to do was hack off those 2 plastic nibs inside.. but i flashed my light down in further and realized there are 2 little screws sticking out in deeper inside. No way to get at those.

Steve , if you can show a photo of a new battery compartment ..., I have a lot of ideas ;)

Back
Top Bottom