Long time no silver...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
The last time I dug silver was back on Christmas Eve, and besides a short hunt to test a rebuilt battery early last month, I haven't been out at all in 2018:shock: Today is the first day of spring but it's about to dump snow on CT again:roll: so I decided to finally venture out, go to the woods that I dug a 1889 Indian and late 1800's 18K ring out of last October...and search around in the same general area before everything starts growing in again. Weapon of choice was the $225 stock coiled Explorer XS I got from Pete (Woodbutcher) back in December...and these were the finds after 2 hours Besides the pulltabs, everything else has age to it...a total of 7 wheats including one with serious PMD:lol: a button and buckle... this thing...whatever it is 2 of the wheats were part of a vintage coin spill... 1915 & 1917 wheats and a 1894 Barber Quarter... A pretty good first silver of the season:cool: It felt good to finally get out for a dig but I won't be chasing 200 silvers again this year, those days are probably over...for good:yes: That's all for this outing so thanks for the looks and see you after the next! Happy Hunting to all!

Last edited:
Love the Barber quarter. What did you use to clean it up? What does PMD stand for?
PMD = Post Mint Damage?
PMD = Pretty Mangled & Dented?
PMD = Pretty Much Done?

Congrats on the Barber Quarter! That’s the kind of start we expect from the Captain.

Nice Bruce... we have a lot of downed trees to remove when we start working again.. I am not looking forward to plowing this storm and its heavy wet snow...

Nice Barber

After this storm Bruce, the money you make could pay for a Nox, so you can keep up with Craig this spring, cutting up the tree's to, sounds like a window of opportunity, :gettinmoney: happy hunting, Earl

Bruce, I've been wondering where you were? Trying to avoid getting run over by the nox bandwagon :laughing:...I wanna try one out myself, but it'll be a couple years at the rate it's going...

Well Bruce you have not forgotten how that's for sure. Now it's just a matter of time before you will pass me by. Congrats on a successful first hunt of 2018 and Silver #1. A Barber Quarter is a great way to begin the new season. Trapper

Bruce, I've been wondering where you were? Trying to avoid getting run over by the nox bandwagon :laughing:...I wanna try one out myself, but it'll be a couple years at the rate it's going...

The noxious overload of posts on that machine have me feeling nauseous:laughing: I'll get to try out a 600 when Jason comes north in June but I'm not expecting it to be all that and a bag of chips...

Back
Top Bottom