Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Owl Engineering
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Advice on Detector Purchase

Old 04-02-2022, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by graybeard View post
You say return the detector to be checked out. First thing before you can do that you NEED a RMA number and address to send it to.
contact the manufacturer & get one

OR

scream and shout on a public forum

I am sure one of those methods work

http://www.earthscan.co.nz/detector-information

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-02-2022, 08:04 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by eSCANZ View post
contact the manufacturer & get one

OR

scream and shout on a public forum

I am sure one of those methods work
Odd you seem to have "overlooked" my questions, but I'm sure it was simply an oversite on your part, what being as knowledgeable as you are about things.

Let me help to direct you to them again.

Or you can continue to swing from that limb and fling a little more poo. Odd as well that you seem more upset about this thread, than I do for buying a noodle shaft.

Originally Posted by Gauntlet View post
I honestly wasn't going to waste my time in response to your post, but changed my mind.

Let me know when you actually go back and read the entire thread, because I'm tired of repeating previous statements to those too lazy to read. So I will ignore all the questions you've posted in your attempt to "speak to the manager. "

I'm also curious, does one need to get a "factory clearance" now to make statements about detectors, or is that just from N/M? What qualifies YOU to make the statement about N/M? Are YOU factory certified, or just live under the local bridge ?

Have you made the same statement to others here expressing complaints about their detectors? If not, why not? How do THEY have the qualifications to, but for some reason I don't?

Please inform all those complaining about their new Legends, that they don't have the qualifications to do so. That is unless you're simply trolling here.

What about those bragging on the "quality" of theirs? What makes THEM qualified to claim a detector is "built like a tank"? Have they ever actually "built a tank"? If not, how would they know what exactly that involved?

Please answer ALL these questions in detail, unless that is you just want to be yet another "Karen" who likes something I don't.

Especially this one. Please post your qualifications to make said statement, as well as citing the source of your claim.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=295281

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2022, 06:29 AM

A friend of mine just got a Simplex and his shaft is pretty wobbly but he doesn't seem to have any issues with it otherwise.

Old 05-27-2022, 11:34 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by bmh View post
A friend of mine just got a Simplex and his shaft is pretty wobbly but he doesn't seem to have any issues with it otherwise.
Have him pull the lower shaft and look in the end (which inserts into the mid-shaft), there should be a plug in it which was their fix excessive tolerances between the shafts ID/OD.

If it's there, then he's dealing with flex, not wobble. As mentioned earlier in this thread, it will fix wobble, not flex. They're 2 separate issues.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=295281

Old 05-27-2022, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Gauntlet View post
Have him pull the lower shaft and look in the end (which inserts into the mid-shaft), there should be a plug in it which was their fix excessive tolerances between the shafts ID/OD.

If it's there, then he's dealing with flex, not wobble. As mentioned earlier in this thread, it will fix wobble, not flex. They're 2 separate issues.
He got it a couple of months ago and it already came with the plug and it came with an extra one too. It took him forever to figure out what the extra piece was. I read about the plug here on this forum and figured it out. I don't know if it was intentional for him to get an extra one. We'll see when mine shows up which should hopefully be today.

Old 05-29-2022, 03:56 PM

Wobbling your shaft is for youngsters. I don't find it as appealing now. I got my Simplex two years ago. My first season was a bumpy learning curve, with some highlights. This year I was nailing some good finds out of the gate, using the sp24 coil. I just ordered the sp35 coil to try in the water, for more coverage. I think that this machine is the deal of the decade and I am considering grabbing the new Legend. But I'll likely wait a year for any bugs to be ironed out. I had to buy a lower carbon fiber shaft, and a longer main shaft for the Simplex, as I'm tall. We'll see how the Legend is sorted on year two.