New Detectorist in Minnesota

GForce7

Thank you for accepting me into the Forum. I am reviving an old interest in detecting. I had a cheap, almost toy-like detector when I was a child back in the '70's. As a child, I once dreamed of being an Archaeologist (thanks to King Tut!) and I would go into our yard with an Army style shovel and start digging a hole to see what I would find (no detector!) Surprisingly, I did find old farm implement parts and other iron objects.

I was recently given a Metal Detector for Christmas and didn't really use it much the first year I had it. But then I took a friend out to show him a cool hobby....he was hooked and since then has become a very successful detectorist...and so I have started to go out detecting from time to time with him. Right now I am parenting young kids so time is quite limited. In the comparatively few times that I've been out, I have found some pretty cool things, not all of them metal.

I look forward to learning from - and contributing to - this group.

Welcome from Iowa. You have some good stuff up there in Minnesota. Check around all the very old resorts on the lakes. I've had good luck at them for silver.

Back
Top Bottom