Ole Calabash Bashes Legend Again

Does the Legend need a bottle cap reject?

For high trash, loaded with steel bottle caps sites, the priority is to enhance separation as much as possible, and reduce masking as much as possible. As such, one of the worst things you can do in trashy site, is add filters such as a bottle cap reject. In such an area, if you filter out ferrous items such as nails and steel bottle caps, you're going to be swinging over a massive amount of coins without even hearing them. For these types of sites, I don't use any filters, and determine what to dig by tones, ID, and Ferrocheck.

Using Ferrocheck in my ground, I can identify steel bottle caps down to about 6 or 7 inches. Especially if they have begun to corrode, which by the time they reach that depth, they have. The beauty of Ferrocheck, is that it's like a steel bottle reject, but without the serious negative effects of bottle cap reject.

Last edited:
For high trash, loaded with steel bottle caps sites, the priority is to enhance separation as much as possible, and reduce masking as much as possible. As such, one of the worst things you can do in trashy site, is add filters such as a bottle cap reject. In such an area, if you filter out ferrous items such as nails and steel bottle caps, you're going to be swinging over a massive amount of coins without even hearing them.

Using Ferrocheck in my ground, I can identify steel bottle caps down to about 6 or 7 inches. Especially if they have begun to corrode, which by the time they reach that depth, they have. The beauty of Ferrocheck, is that it's like a steel bottle reject, but without the serious negative effects of bottle cap reject.

Well,
Your thinking is correct.
Except.
For whatever reason bottlecap reject on Deus 2, guess what? It seems to have little if any affect on detector’s ability to separate/unmask. Disclaimer here though. Version 0.6 this applies to all settings of bottlecap. For version 0.71 this applies to bottlecap settings of 3 and lower.

I have never witnessed what I have using Deus 2 with bottlecap reject using any other VLF with bottlecap reject option.

You know what I wish.... members could stop mentioning a banned members name.... he has nothing good to say about this forum... he does not deserve recognition.

I remember another banned member that worked well with, user name started with a "K". :cool3:

You know what I wish.... members could stop mentioning a banned members name.... he has nothing good to say about this forum... he does not deserve recognition.

iu

I think it's the opposite. Meaning, we need a forum that allows members to expose his bias, lies, and misleading BS.

I think it's the opposite. Meaning, we need a forum that allows members to expose his bias, lies, and misleading BS.

Just because I mentioned what I did doesn't mean I don't respect what he does for the community as a whole... what I didn't care for was his attacks on the forum and when others had opinions different than his own he would try to disprove them... why bother... they may have different settings than he used...

Not everything he posts can be biased, lies or misleading that sentiment is just over the top..

Look I use old school detectors, I am a good hunter with my detectors, I know the capabilities of them.. nothing he says can change my results he can think what he wants but it doesn't make it so... by him saying my words are not true doesn't mean his words are... He is not a beach hunter.. its just not the detector its operator and the knowledge of where to hunt...

We don't need attacks here, we saw enough of that last week and its us who has to handle it... its added work we don't need... we volunteer here...

Not everything he posts can be biased, lies or misleading that sentiment is just over the top..

Well, I never said everything he posts is biased, lies or misleading, but since around the time the Legend came out, most of his absolute assertions are indeed full of bias, lies, and misleading tactics. It's him that's being "over the top", not the people that are critiquing him.

I for one, am happy to expose his inane "findings" :D

Well, I never said everything he posts is biased, lies or misleading, but since around the time the Legend came out, most of his absolute assertions are indeed full of bias, lies, and misleading tactics. It's him that's being "over the top", not the people that are critiquing him.

He can have opinions... like I said I know what he said about my Minelab Excalibur so what.. its just his opinion doesn't make it so... I won't stop finding gold with my allegedly obsolete dinosaur :lol:

Just because I mentioned what I did doesn't mean I don't respect what he does for the community as a whole... what I didn't care for was his attacks on the forum and when others had opinions different than his own he would try to disprove them... why bother... they may have different settings than he used...

We don't need attacks here, we saw enough of that last week and its us who has to handle it... its added work we don't need... we volunteer here...

CD, tnsharpshooter and other metal detecting Youtube content creators are definitely assets for the entire detecting community. They go out of their way to make videos that are often fun, informative and show some great finds too.
When their content tends toward controversy about detector comparisons or when they include personal attacks on detectors, detector companies or any person not just forum members or when they include opinions and conclusions influenced by operator errors whether accidental or on purpose, things get really dicey.

For me it's a dilemma whether to comment or not anymore.

Wouldn't it be grand if these –self-appointed metal detecting experts on Youtube, allowed comments on their videos, rather than turning comments off? Then people wouldn't feel compelled to litigate the video's shortcomings and perceived falsehoods on other forums. Then again, they might be too thin-skinned to allow for negative comments.

CD, tnsharpshooter and other metal detecting Youtube content creators are definitely assets for the entire detecting community. They go out of their way to make videos that are often fun, informative and show some great finds too.
When their content tends toward controversy about detector comparisons or when they include personal attacks on detectors, detector companies or any person not just forum members or when they include opinions and conclusions influenced by operator errors whether accidental or on purpose, things get really dicey.

For me it's a dilemma whether to comment or not anymore.

I rarely watch comparison video's... I mainly base my decisions on local users like Carter Pennington @ Detector Comparisons and friends who share their opinions on what they are using...

When the Equinox came out everyone was telling me get one... I held off for a long time I had received a permission from a property I had wanted to hunt for about 10 years a new person bought the property and I asked him he granted it but wanted to show me where all the underground electric wires were... I only use a hand held lesche yeah its hard on the knees but it looks better on a well manicured lawn.. with my MXT in relic mode pulled 20 silver 134 wheats a dozen IH pennies, lots V nickels buffs and so on.. after I was done I invited a friend with his Nox he found 2 wheats and a modern button I missed does that mean my MXT is as good as the Nox? I am not saying that..

I am comfortable with my MXT and know it very well I used a SEF 6x8 coil that was it... I hunt in relic mode with no disc..

Same goes for beach I will hunt with the Excal where I can over the Nox because my Excal is deeper... some may take exception to my words... not my problem its theirs...

As to your conundrum well that is up to you... I see no reason to stop posting.. I don't let others opinions influence what I will post...

Look I use old school detectors, I am a good hunter with my detectors, I know the capabilities of them.. nothing he says can change my results he can think what he wants but it doesn't make it so... by him saying my words are not true doesn't mean his words are... He is not a beach hunter.. its just not the detector its operator and the knowledge of where to hunt...

Though I agree with the majority of what you say , stop making excuses for the owners of why a banned member is still "here". It is no different than a person booked on a felony charge , only to be released on "no bail" so they can commit another felony. Except this guy has been tried , convicted and sentenced. Yet still has his felonious cohorts peddling his wares here. They are laughing at the forum and smug while doing it. Ban all the links and ban the members who post them if they don't clean up their act. What does a ban mean if it's not entirely enforced ? Remember: he has his comments turned off = massive red flag.

Though I agree with the majority of what you say , stop making excuses for the owners of why a banned member is still "here". It is no different than a person booked on a felony charge , only to be released on "no bail" so they can commit another felony. Except this guy has been tried , convicted and sentenced. Yet still has his felonious cohorts peddling his wares here. They are laughing at the forum and smug while doing it. Ban all the links and ban the members who post them if they don't clean up their act. What does a ban mean if it's not entirely enforced ? Remember: he has his comments turned off = massive red flag.

We enforce the owners rules... We go to them when an issue comes up and they tell us what they want done...

Can't tell you anything else...

he's suffering from sampling too much of his product!
also, gotta watch consumption of fish for lead.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

cali truly believes he is "helping" others, and that may be true!..he definitely is An entertaining individual, whatever you think of him! love that southern twang.next thing he will claiming, is that the the south won the war!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I rarely watch comparison video's... I mainly base my decisions on local users like Carter Pennington @ Detector Comparisons and friends who share their opinions on what they are using...

When the Equinox came out everyone was telling me get one... I held off for a long time I had received a permission from a property I had wanted to hunt for about 10 years a new person bought the property and I asked him he granted it but wanted to show me where all the underground electric wires were... I only use a hand held lesche yeah its hard on the knees but it looks better on a well manicured lawn.. with my MXT in relic mode pulled 20 silver 134 wheats a dozen IH pennies, lots V nickels buffs and so on.. after I was done I invited a friend with his Nox he found 2 wheats and a modern button I missed does that mean my MXT is as good as the Nox? I am not saying that..

I am comfortable with my MXT and know it very well I used a SEF 6x8 coil that was it... I hunt in relic mode with no disc..

Same goes for beach I will hunt with the Excal where I can over the Nox because my Excal is deeper... some may take exception to my words... not my problem its theirs...

As to your conundrum well that is up to you... I see no reason to stop posting.. I don't let others opinions influence what I will post...

that sef 6+8 coil is a "crackerjack" coil on the m6 too. it, and the 5.3 concentric blackjack coil turned the m6 into one of the best "sleeper" coin sniper's in the industry!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom