First hunt with the Vanquish

Mark86

Received my Vanquish 540 today and had to test it out. My girls and I played with it in our back yard, which is desert terrain, raked and graded. Plenty of iron trash from building the house, nails, etc. Found a framing nail, 1990’s hot wheels car (girls thought that was funny) a bullet and a sheet metal screw.

Still learning technique, but my first impression was the unit was easy to use.

Question I have is: When scanning the ground, I will hit a target and a numerical signal (say 35) displays, and it holds that number for a few seconds, even when off the target. Is this normal? Why the delay or the reason for holding the number?

Yeah, the delay is normal. You'll have loads of fun once you get some hours on the Vanquish.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I've had my Vanquish for nearly a year. It is easy to use and works well for my needs. I like the versatility of the two coils.

I purchased a Vanquish 440 for my wife to use on occasion. I tried at at a local school (rare for me to hunt a school) and I did get a Silver Washington Quarter along with some more modern finds. My wife's first coin with it was a 1952 Silver Rosie.

They are a good machine, wishing you great success!

Yes, the delay is normal. I think it holds it for a few seconds to give us a chance to view. It'll quickly change if it sees a new/different target that has a different number. I'm quite happy with my 540 Pro Pack.

Received my Vanquish 540 today and had to test it out. My girls and I played with it in our back yard, which is desert terrain, raked and graded. Plenty of iron trash from building the house, nails, etc. Found a framing nail, 1990’s hot wheels car (girls thought that was funny) a bullet and a sheet metal screw.

Still learning technique, but my first impression was the unit was easy to use.

Question I have is: When scanning the ground, I will hit a target and a numerical signal (say 35) displays, and it holds that number for a few seconds, even when off the target. Is this normal? Why the delay or the reason for holding the number?

after a while you will be hunting by sound and that gives you time to glance at an interesting tone received.

By the way. I have owned an AT Pro, Nox 800 and still hunt with my CTX3030 and Vanquish 440. I use the 440 for hunting volleyball courts. The 540 is a great starter machine. It is kind of like the famous Garrett AT Pro upgraded like it should have been upgraded. Get the 540 over the right sites and it will find good stuff for you.

Back
Top Bottom