My first 'change machine' haul

Boones

Hey Everyone, I've seen a few posts here on Coinstar finds....which I always thought was a funny/original way to find coins. So....today, I went to my Credit Union to turn-in some change. First thing I did was check the reject tray. Couldn't believe what I saw....it was FULL of rejects!! I pulled out 31 coins and a Chicago Transit Token. There are coins from 8 different countries, plus a few US coins. I don't know if some kid raided his parents change jar or if this is a combination of a couple different people. Anyway, the 1906 IH is sweet...the other IH is badly damaged and I'm surprised that the Half Dollars get through to the sort tray. The '43 steel penny is nice and I also noticed that one of the wheaties is a '43 S, but it's actually covered with rust.....never have seen that before....not even out of the ground. The only silver is a 1944 D Ten Centavos. Sorry for the poor photo, but I was in a hurry to get to work. Thanks for looking!!!

Attachments

• Change Machine finds.jpg
    Change Machine finds.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 345
Thanks everyone....I appreciate it. I've walked right by these machines for years....not anymore!!

That IS a nice harvest from a Coinstar, Boones. I never got an IH cent in one, but many silvers, steel cents, foreigns and tokens. My record for one haul was just over 100 coins 😎

Royal Congrats on those finds, Boones! KT never passes up a look to see what might be left behind on those machines! HA HA. Sometimes people will pull them out, look at them and set back on top of the machine! Like, uh, this ain't money cause the machine rejected it! :laughing::laughing:

That IS a nice harvest from a Coinstar, Boones. I never got an IH cent in one, but many silvers, steel cents, foreigns and tokens. My record for one haul was just over 100 coins 😎

Thanks Jimther! Holy cow...100 coins!! That's great!! I just found a local Railroad Token the other day at my grocery store. You just never know....

Royal Congrats on those finds, Boones! KT never passes up a look to see what might be left behind on those machines! HA HA. Sometimes people will pull them out, look at them and set back on top of the machine! Like, uh, this ain't money cause the machine rejected it! :laughing::laughing:

Thanks KT!! It's funny, that's the first time I ever checked one of those. It's in my Credit Union, so I feel kinda funny....a quiet place and only a few people around. However, I was going to use it....so why not!! Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom