Flying with an Equinox?

Audioruss

I have an Equinox 800 that I would like to take with me on a flight to So. California this spring. Does the lithium ion battery create a problem with taking the detector in carry on luggage? Any recommendations on cases or how best to pack would be appreciated.

Russ

I throw mine in my luggage all the time. I just break it down and surround it with my soft items to protect it. My airport x-rays my bags in front of me so I know they see it, but I have never had them mention it. I do remember at one point I had looked up the tsa regs and the nox battery was under the size they limited for reporting. Might look it up again, but when I first started flying I would keep the nox specs and tsa rules printed with it. But no one ever cared.

My concern would be the shaft being seen as a "club", so I've always checked the shaft (but coil and pod go in my backpack).

If you've got a digging tool, I don't see that getting through as carry on though

If I intended to carry the Nox in the hold luggage, I would definately remove the coil from the lower shaft ....

Back
Top Bottom