Fire ants

TerryEastTexas

Forum Supporter
I hit a school that has produced a fair amount of clad since I started hunting it around the first of Jan. I have been digging zinc and so far the good zinc verses rotten zinc is about 50-50. Good enough for me.
Now what put a fire into this hunt are those pesky ants that are small in size but produce a great bang for the buck. That can only mean Fire Ants!
Right now they aren't building large mounds which are easy to see and avoid. The one thing that has always amazed me is how they can climb up a presons leg with out biting but on a telepathic command by thier leader commence to reek havoc. :shock:
Man, I hate these critters. :mad:

Attachments

• terry55a.jpg
    terry55a.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 224
Terry... Could you gather some fire ants and post them for us? I for one would like to see those critters ;)

yea terry just get craigs address and we can ship him all the Texas fire ants he can stand :D And as for digging around the ants, I always carry a spray bottle of malathione to spray a mound before I dig. Just spray, go detect for about 15 min. and like magic, all dead :D I hate fire ants :mad:

OYE! I got into those raskels twice, and that was more than enough for me. I was amazed how something so small could be so mean to deal with. Yeah, send Craig some to have for his very own. :lol:

Just remember, this thread will lead millions of angry east coasters to your homes for retribution! :lol:

did I mention I had a big bottle of malathione :D besides, if they want them I'll give out the ziplocks and they can take the ants with them. :P

I've been hunting south Texas for the last two months, the pennies look alot worst here. How did you clean the coins? Rob

I remember helping my Uncle move a house in Louisiana one time and I was under the house in a contorted position. I thought my left leg had fallen asleep because I started feeling pins and needles all over it. Then to my horror I realized I was covered in fire ants. I jumped out of there likitysplit and started jumping around beating the little vermin off me. Nice they are not.

Interesting. Over the weekend I watched a program on the History Channel called "Digging For The Truth." The star was in the bush in Louisiana and stepped on a fire ant nest. In no time he had a massive allergic reaction and even though he injected himself with adrenaline and another drug, he went into anaphylactic shock and was rushed to a hospital. The doctor there told him that if he hadn't injected himself in the field he probably wouldn't have survived. Be careful out there, guys! Oh yeah, and keep those little devils away from the Midwest!

Fire ants Huh!! All I have to deal with is pesky nephews..I'm still trying to find a good spray that deals with troublesome relatives.........Blitz

Thank God I'm not allergic to fire ants or bee stings. I would have been dead twice. When I was about 5, we were visiting my cousins in Texas and my sister and I went to play on their swingset. There was this horse swing thing that two kids could sit on and face each other and swing it back and forth. Little did we know that there was an established hornets nest inside of it. In no time at all they were all over us as we ran screaming to the house. I think, all told, we each had about 50 to 60 stings a piece. One of the most traumatic events of my life.

Sorry about the fire ants Terry! I just wish it were arm enough here for me to worry about insects!! I don't think we have them here, but the ticks and disease infected mosquitos are enough to make you worry. Nice finds too!

Say Oklahunter we'll send out an army of fire ants to repulse the attack. :lol:
Glenny I'd rather have a blow torch. Fight fire with fire. HA!
Rob I didn't show all the rotten zincs but I tumble them with aquarium gravel, soap and water. With the pennies I add KABOOM. With the D,N and Q's I add CLR.
Bear they always seem to get us in the most unlikely places. They're sneaky. :grin:
People have been known to die from them Len, but like any stinging insect if a person is allergic then they're in trouble anyway. My wife's like that.
Whoa Blitz, I think I would rather have the fire ants. :lol:
Sounds like you've got enough problems TK. I'm don't think they like cold weather. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom