10 Foot waves predicted......

Vermonster

Elite Member
And I just got my new 10x12 SEF coil from Captain Silver this week. Looks like it might be time to test it out....... ;)

If only the big waves had occurred a week or 2 ago at full moon and high tide, but I think/hope it'll still be good..... 10 ft. waves, 50+ mph winds, and a couple inches of rain........

Hey there Vermonster (who actually lives in CA :cool: ) yeah, all the beach hunters here in CA are looking at this system . It started to build last night up our way , and is building down your way this morning, eh ? Then peaks on Saturday . Then "bumps" for several days to follow.

But yeah, it's A) not occurring at high tide times of the month. and B) is not S our SW. It's a west at most, if not slightly NW. Thus shadows on a lot of beaches. And as you know, the NW facing beaches are pretty "acclimated" to heavier surf in the first place.

Still worth looks around though (wind factors into things, etc...). And I see on your southern CA beach cameras that there is ALREADY some cuts and scallops forming on some beaches there. Albeit slight, yet you know the drill: ANYTIME erosion is going on at your heavily touristy beaches, then .... even if it's just copious amounts of clad and recent year's losses only, yet that bodes well for angling for the jewelry. Silver and old coins is nice, but the jewelry is nice too.

Keep us informed. Let us know what you see and find on your So. CA beaches !

Went to a beach for lunch last week in San Clemente and there were rocks exposed everywhere, and out of nowhere, there were 3 detectorists that showed up in the next 30 minutes..... LOL. Dug lots of holes as I watched, with my family, without my detector...... :(

Not a lot happening out there :no:

Hello Darth-finger. The beach cam for S. Cruz main beach (that looks down at about the volleyball courts direction) has been showing no waves breaking "on shore" yet. You're right, they're only "rolling" up, as of now. So too does the Capitola cam seem to be "rolling" rather than "slapping" and breaking up high.

But the surf gets bigger today and tomorrow. And then another few bumps @ the 24th, 26th, etc.... when the tides are better. NONE of them are slated to be truly S or SW though :( But with enough back-to-back accumulation effect of the "rolling" type waves, perhaps you'll get the "subtle" form of erosion. That's where there's no particular indistinguishable "cut" or "scallop" or "slope". But instead the entire wet beach itself is "lower" . And about the only benchmarks someone could see to guage this (without a very keen eye to the "norm" look of the beach), would be to see how far up the pier pilings at the wharf are. Like if you could put a marker on the pilings, and check back each day.

By tomorrow's low tide, I'd certainly give it a try. Or further south like Seacliff, Rio Del Mar, Sunset, etc....

.... out of nowhere, there were 3 detectorists that showed up in the next 30 minutes..... LOL. Dug lots of holes as I watched, with my family, without my detector...... :(

That hurts to read ! Ouch. Note to self: Always carry detector in trunk. Doh!

Back
Top Bottom