Unbelievable Luck in the Fatherland!

Super cool find! Congrats! Can only dream of finding a coin 500 years old!!
Thanks, RRF!

Hervorragend!

That's an awesome coin! I came back from Germany earlier this year, but I didn't find anything nearly as old unfortunately
I had to look that one up! Hervorragend is not one I'm familiar with! Thanks! Go back and hit those woods. You're bound to find something awesome!

Congrats on the awesome finds !
Thank you, Doctor!

Those are both pretty awesome digs! I like the axe head more because I can relate to that. The coin is so old, it's hard to imagine! Great to bring home a genuine centuries old coin you found in the old country! Did the airlines give you any hassle about the axe head?

Those are both pretty awesome digs! I like the axe head more because I can relate to that. The coin is so old, it's hard to imagine! Great to bring home a genuine centuries old coin you found in the old country! Did the airlines give you any hassle about the axe head?
Thanks, Foragist! No hassles, but with ~10 pounds of steel in my checked back, I had to get pretty creative with how I brought home the gifts for my family! Definitely couldn't carry-on the axe heads.

Amazing find Diggum, congrats!
Thanks, GS! It was an amazing opportunity!

Wenn sie Jaeger waeren wuerden wir sagen das sie Weidmansheil gehabt haben. (Auch aus Deutschland).
If you were a hunter we would say you had hunters good luck. (I'm also from Germany).

Wenn sie Jaeger waeren wuerden wir sagen das sie Weidmansheil gehabt haben. (Auch aus Deutschland).
If you were a hunter we would say you had hunters good luck. (I'm also from Germany).

Vielen Dank, snorkel!

I've dug in Deutschland and Osterriech before; when I dig with my friends up in Baden-Wurttemberg (Stuttgart area) those Kreutzers are actually fairly common. Of course, when we find something that old here in the US, we freak out. But I got into a pocket coin spill from the 100 years war, and got some nice Kruetzers. Also found a Roman coin in Austria. I also almost blew myself up when I found a tank mine ("Panzermine"). But thank god it was a dud. Be careful, especially of old hand grenades and panzerfausts. Super dangerous, but common.

Back
Top Bottom