925 in the muck today

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Been hitting the 'lake' near me, the water's receding (reservoir) as it does yearly about this time. I've been walking it out as the water goes... have found gold and silver before here, but it's been awhile for the gold. I will keep trying!

Today, lunch hunt, muck boots and mucky mud that wants to suck your boot down into the abyss....

Got a really nice high tone, figured a quarter but got a hint of the bottom of a ring in the mucky mud, pulled it out and saw a cool silver Celtic knot (?) ring.

It's marked PSCL(C) 925. Found an exact one online labeled Peter Stone "vintage" fwiw.

Too small for my wife, so it'll just sit in the pile.

Going to keep going back looking for GOLD. Lotta lead at this spot so not easy.

Attachments

• 58018BC9-9C2F-487A-83D1-F86C8994B6D3.jpg
    58018BC9-9C2F-487A-83D1-F86C8994B6D3.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 194
  • E4C3955E-ACF7-40BA-8A16-39C261BDCB0A.jpg
    E4C3955E-ACF7-40BA-8A16-39C261BDCB0A.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 6C48CB51-52A4-4E5B-A9CC-CF6B6F8D9AB4.jpg
    6C48CB51-52A4-4E5B-A9CC-CF6B6F8D9AB4.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 205
Very cool ring GS. Congrats and be careful in that mud. I dug a cut out penny just like that one earlier this year. I wonder what the purpose for that is. Good luck. Mark

Congratulations on the very nice ring. Pulling silver is always a thrill.

It must be tough going in that mud. Good job pulling those goodies in those conditions.

Great hunt, Congrats, especially on the ring and the lures.

Thanks Soil Surgeon. I got a Kastmaster and a 44? wheatie not shown/told about too. I do like finding lures :)

Congrats on sniffing out that .925 ring!

Thanks LNCB!

Very cool ring GS. Congrats and be careful in that mud. I dug a cut out penny just like that one earlier this year. I wonder what the purpose for that is. Good luck. Mark

Thanks Mark. I almost fell by having my feet stuck in the mud today LOL. That would have sucked! I actually braced myself w/ the Nox 11" to keep me from falling over. Thankfully no coil ear damage that I can see.

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!! Cool Ring!!! Congrats!!!

Thanks RJ!

Congratulations on the very nice ring. Pulling silver is always a thrill.

It must be tough going in that mud. Good job pulling those goodies in those conditions.

The mud just wants to hold the boots/feet down. If i lift my toes up first, before trying to move my foot, it helps a lot. Got some new rubber boots just for this and that helps keep my normal boots cleaner :lol:

Today was just lead sinkers, not a coin, and a bottle cap or two. Not much. Will try and get back tomorrow. Every day the water's a little lower, giving me about a 5' swath to hit. I have seen others there before, so I want to try and beat them to the GOLD, or whatever ;)

Congrats Jeff on a good looking hunk of Silver. You keep making the effort that Gold will come. Trapper

Thank you Trapper. I keep going back and finding just fishing lead. Today, 1 more lure and a cool 1901-1908 dated headstamp, oh, and more lead.

I'm going to keep going back, glutton for punishment :laughing: nah, it's what we do. There's potential!

Back
Top Bottom