Good adhesive for rubber Lesche grip.

flyin-lowe

Elite Member
The red rubber grip has come loose on my Lesche. What would be a good adhesive that will attach it to the metal. It is a pain in the butt when I am cutting a plug and start to pull the digger out and the handle starts to slide off.

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 589
I ended up finding a bottle of Gorilla Glue brand Super Glue. Cleaned the handle and grip best I could and ran strips of the blue up and down the handle. I slid the grip on and started to twist it a little bit to make sure the glue spread. Literally within 10 seconds or less I could not even move the grip. I figured I might have trouble with rubber to steel but this stuff took a strong bite and won't let go.

Gorilla Glue is pretty good stuff, don't put too much on as it seems to expand and ooze out. Thanks for the link dogpound, I have seen pictures of the grip on your digger a few times & wondered what it was and where you got it, it looks cool.

Did you serrate the other side of your Lesche? If so how'd you do it? Thanks

yea i marked it with a marker and then used a cutting wheel. if ya don't have access to a cutting wheel i'm sure if you mark it out and take it to any machine shop or even a auto body shop could do it (my father-in-law has a body shop so i used his tools)

i used mine for the first time and the gorilla glue did the trick. Ground was dry and compacted so I was really tugging on it and it never budged.

5 minute epoxy would also work well.

That's what I'd use. Gorilla Glue does set a little slower, so you might beat the set-up window of the adhesive of choice in the process of slipping the thing on again. If you don't with quicker set glue though, it is a total mess. Heck, even simple airplane glue will work fine. Keep it simple. martin

Yes everyone is on the right track with the gorilla glue for an almost permanent bond.

For a much less permanent bond try spraying the handle with aqua net hair spray then slip your handle back on. it will set in about 1/2 hour and will be very solid and stable, but will release very easy with hot water. This is a common practice for riders that change their grips on a regular basis, been doing it for years. good luck.

dogpound turned me on to these grips and they are fantastic! What a difference its made in my hunts.:yes:

Attachments

• 100_0696.jpg
    100_0696.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 385
  • 100_0697.jpg
    100_0697.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 394
Back
Top Bottom