A "Merry Christmas & Happy New Year Letter" from Princess & Wolf-Dog (Pics Included)

Princess

Elite Member
Hello, Friends & Fellow Forum Members!

It seems that the Christmas season is a wonderful time of year to catch up on one another's lives, don't you think? I love sending Christmas letters, but since I couldn't possibly reach all of you by mail, I suppose this will have to do. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I've enjoyed "sending" it!

Flipping through my metal detecting journal, I find that I had opportunity to venture out just 5 times this year. However, that doesn't mean that my season was a flop. When it comes to clad totals, mine actually surpassed my brother Garrett's (many of you know him as "Wolf-Dog"). That's a first! - Though $3.58 isn't much to brag about, it's still something to contribute to my clad collection. Still, for me, it's better yet to see my brother succeed; thus I'm pleased that this was the year Garrett uncovered his first silver coins! So he gets the winner's trophy after all - and I wouldn't have it any other way. :grin: :dingding:

One very cold day back in February, my dad (Lost&Recovered) and brothers (Torpedo & Wolf-Dog) were in a vehicle collision in which our van hit a slippery patch of ice, swerved across three lanes, and was totaled. We are thankful that the Lord spared their lives. While whiplash and various aches ensued, my family & the other vehicle's passengers made it through without loss of life or limb.

On a happier note, one thing I have enjoyed most this year is playing piano on Sundays & Wednesdays at our church! Garrett directs the congregational singing while I play the accompaniment. The two of us love working together on this, and know that God has been so gracious to allow us to serve in this way. Often, when I practice at home, our German Shepherd, Peanut, comes running the minute she hears the piano. During the peppier tunes, such as "Angels We Have Heard on High," she excitedly begins attacking her toy with a vengeance. :lol:

On the home front, I've loved spending time with my family. We've squeezed some fun times in between Dad & Torpedo's busy work schedules, whether that means a round of golf, or an evening in our living room playing trivia. For the month of December, my sister suggested we count down the days til Christmas by reading together one of the 24 chapters of Luke each night until Christmas Eve. A fun way to refresh our minds on everything we're celebrating! I think that in one sense, we are the reason for the season. Jesus never would have come to earth if it weren't for us, because it was for our sins he came to die. He's more than the baby in the manger - He's the risen Savior! You know, that's the heart of Christmas, and it's amazing that each of us who chooses to trust Jesus alone for our salvation has His promise of heaven. With this assurance, we can have true peace & joy this Christmas season & always! So our tour through Luke has been a blessing. :grin:

Speaking of blessings, I had a lovely birthday celebration this summer - my aunt & uncle joined us for a picnic lunch at a lakeside park. We enjoyed a homemade cake decorated with my mom's special artistic touch. :cake: (Some of you may even recall the coin cakes Garrett has posted in the past.) Just lately, Mom made a chocolate cherry layer cake for my sister, who declared it the prettiest of it's kind that she'd seen. Mom replied that it hadn't been as difficult to make as she'd expected... and Garrett, with his signature wit, piped up, "Yeah, it was a piece of cake!" ;)

Yes, Christmas is a wonderful time for catching up. We'd enjoy hearing from you, too! What has made 2021 memorable for you? What are your plans this Christmas season? Garrett & I wish you a truly meaningful Christmas that's blessed with true peace & joy.

- Chelsea

Photos:

• Front cover of a short writing project I finished just this summer (depicting Wolf-Dog and I). It is based on my enjoyment of metal detecting, relating that to the things that are most important to me in life. If you're interested in reading the free digital copy, please feel free to comment or PM me! I would love to share it with you, my metal detecting friends who've helped keep me going in this hobby. :grin:

• Peanut, keeping me company while I practice

• Sunset out our back window

Attachments

• 16403971161270-02.jpeg
    16403971161270-02.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 16403971451851.jpg
    16403971451851.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 140
  • 16403971452422.jpg
    16403971452422.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Princess and Wolf-Dog, Seasons greeting to both of you from KT, the Queen, and Prince John.

KT is starting a new tradition this Christmas morning....basting a spiral sliced ham on the Royal Grill. Every 15 minutes for 2 1/2 hours it gets basted with coca-cola (which was allowed to sit open for a couple of days so the carbonation would mostly be gone). It makes a nice glaze and reminds KT of his teen years when He would visit the neighbors and see it being done.

Everything is quiet around the Castle presently, with the Queen stirring in the Royal Kitchen and Prince John sleeping late, hopefully with visions of sugar plums dancing in his Royal Head!

Over all it has been a good year for the Royal Family, no major health issues. The only thing that happened was about 6 weeks ago, KT managed to fall up the last 2 steps of the stairway leading from the Dungeon and fall into the Great Hall! Twisted His already bad knee quite severely, but after the Dr. examined it, no major damage, just twisted muscle in the Royal Left Calf. But it still gives me fits! Just feeling some twinges and the knowledge that the leg is weaker. So KT and the Royal Family have thus far avoided the Covid Plague and the Flu.

As for MDing, Princess you beat me by 5 trips. Did not get to go at all and am now wondering why I am keeping 3 MDs. But I did make so far 51 trips to the Royal Bank, 49 of which KT captured 2 boxes of halves to search! KT will post after next week's CRH the final results for the year!

Our best wishes for a fun and prosperous year in 2022 for all in your family!

Neat pics, my dog has watched me detect in my own yard, likely wonders what I am doing :lol: but was just happy to be outside with me :D

Wishing you all a VERY Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too !!!!

:present: __________________________ :snowman3:

.......rejoicing because of the reason for the season !!!! :grin:
9-6-a.jpg

Princess and Wolf-Dog, Seasons greeting to both of you from KT, the Queen, and Prince John.

KT is starting a new tradition this Christmas morning....basting a spiral sliced ham on the Royal Grill. Every 15 minutes for 2 1/2 hours it gets basted with coca-cola (which was allowed to sit open for a couple of days so the carbonation would mostly be gone). It makes a nice glaze and reminds KT of his teen years when He would visit the neighbors and see it being done.

Everything is quiet around the Castle presently, with the Queen stirring in the Royal Kitchen and Prince John sleeping late, hopefully with visions of sugar plums dancing in his Royal Head!

Over all it has been a good year for the Royal Family, no major health issues. The only thing that happened was about 6 weeks ago, KT managed to fall up the last 2 steps of the stairway leading from the Dungeon and fall into the Great Hall! Twisted His already bad knee quite severely, but after the Dr. examined it, no major damage, just twisted muscle in the Royal Left Calf. But it still gives me fits! Just feeling some twinges and the knowledge that the leg is weaker. So KT and the Royal Family have thus far avoided the Covid Plague and the Flu.

As for MDing, Princess you beat me by 5 trips. Did not get to go at all and am now wondering why I am keeping 3 MDs. But I did make so far 51 trips to the Royal Bank, 49 of which KT captured 2 boxes of halves to search! KT will post after next week's CRH the final results for the year!

Our best wishes for a fun and prosperous year in 2022 for all in your family!
Salutations from a distant realm, sire! It hath pleased me to read thy kind response. Surely thou must have enjoyed thy banquet as the beginning of a happy tradition. Fare thee well in the new year! We greet thee & thy family.

Neat pics, my dog has watched me detect in my own yard, likely wonders what I am doing :lol: but was just happy to be outside with me :D

Wishing you all a VERY Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too !!!!

:present: __________________________ :snowman3:

.......rejoicing because of the reason for the season !!!! :grin:
View attachment 493153
Thanks, Gary! I'm glad you liked the picture; I also love the verse from Isaiah. Yes, sometimes I wonder if our dogs are confused why it's okay for us to dig up the yard, if they can't. :grin:

Merry Christmas to you both! And thanks for sharing a chapter or two of your life. Continue success and joy with the present and future years!
Hope you & yours had a nice Christmas, John. I appreciate the reply!

Back
Top Bottom