How often to you run into fellow detectorists while hunting?

While I've run into several detectorists elsewhere, and been run into while detecting by several people claiming to be, I've never once been metal detecting and run into someone else metal detecting, or really, I've never run into someone else metal detecting, period. I hope that logical mess makes sense to someone.

it does! especially the "several people claiming to be" this is mostly !!!!!!!!!
a ton of people "used" to hunt, but have given it up!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

While I've run into several detectorists elsewhere, and been run into while detecting by several people claiming to be, I've never once been metal detecting and run into someone else metal detecting, or really, I've never run into someone else metal detecting, period. I hope that logical mess makes sense to someone.

it does! especially the "several people claiming to be" this is mostly !!!!!!!!!
a ton of people "used" to hunt, but have given it up!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

None. One guy just walking on the sidelines of a line of soccer fields, 4-5 fields,
was not a detectorists stopped and spoke to me a while while I was hitting the sidelines. I was at least getting a couple bucks clad and a few wheaties on a hunt. there was a lot of sideline left and a path along a brook that was sweet looking and I hadn't hit yet. The walking guy, not detecting, spoke how he had thought about getting into the hobby. By the time I got back to the site I dug only a few zincs!! One clad dime and can slaw. 2.5 hours detecting. Someone had detected there before I got back. We share info here on the forum and become sort of Pen Pals but outside in the parks maybe it's not a good idea to share much info. I think here in CT it's probably near impossible to find a spot that hasn't been scourged and beaten. I go and dig trash( in case of gold) and a small amount of clad. You can easily tell by the lack of quarter hits and if no nickels you can assume someone knew what they were doing. A few zincs? You know its been pounded with these modern detectors. My thoughts anyway.:roll:

it's insane to think that just ''digging clad" is an admirable pursuit! ..

(h.h.!)
j.t.

"And unfortunately, some of the best old neighborhoods have been razed and paved over for the expansion of our medical corridor over the last 20 years."

There is something about politicians and developers. They really don't like older parts of town and that is where the plant the new buildings. I guess it is older homes lower tax base, thus big buildings bigger tax base. more money to spend or more kickbacks most likely.

Our beaches here in the SW Florida area are hunted daily. I often see someone else detecting. Only a couple times have I been to local parks and seen others there. I go about daybreak so many people aren't up and around yet.

Back
Top Bottom