Old Pepsi Bottle, I think 1950s

hugger73hatch

I am in the process of getting ready to build a new house and while grading my lot today found an old Pepsi bottle. Did not have time to MD, but I grabbed this up when I saw it.

SDC11443.jpg

SDC11444.jpg

Congrats that's a very nice bottle find . We have a Flea market close to me and they sell bottles like that Coke and Pepsi for about $1.50 each or some have them by the case . The are very collectable to the bottle collectors and might be worth more in a different selling arena other than a flea market . Its a good collectable find anyway and can only get worth more as time goes by especially since it isn't broke anywhere . Good Job

Harold

I love them old Pepsi Bottles. I find alot of them in a park where I bottle hunt. There should be a date on the bottom. I am yet to find one with its color intact. Just partials.

Yeah I was pretty excited about it. Think I am gonna clean it up and it will find a new home on display in my new garage. They just don't make bottles like they used to. I think about all the bottles I shot with guns when I was a kid.

I am in the process of getting ready to build a new house and while grading my lot today found an old Pepsi bottle. Did not have time to MD, but I grabbed this up when I saw it.

SDC11443.jpg

SDC11444.jpg

Nice to find things when you are doing other things. I have an old "RC" bottle that is still full, that I got a long time ago. The exact date, I do not know. The bottle was made by "Duraglass", it has code on the bottom 9---2. 8. g286 It's more than 30 years old, and new looking.:yes:

I managed to find an old 1940's Coke bottle about 10 ft. from some railroad tracks. May post pictures if I can figure out how to.

This is my oldest Pepsi find to date. A 1913. I love finding me some old pop bottles.

And to post pictures you just click Post reply and use the little paper clip tool next to the smiley face.

Attachments

• DSC_0457.jpg
    DSC_0457.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 3,418
I find those things all over the farm lying on the ground. Have yet to find one with any paint on it still.. would be cool to see.

You know, sometimes I wish we could go back to the glass bottle days. Way more pleasing to look at than the plastic bottles.

Werty, is that a Pat'd D bottle? Couldnt tell from the pic. I love those old hobbleskirts...some are worth quite a bit. especially ones from smaller towns with defunct coke plants. Always loved that green color though

It says D-105529, so I think so. Also, it says it was made in Johnstown, PA which is about 45 min away from where I live.

Back
Top Bottom