Lost My ProPointer (RECEIVED USED PROPOINTER -- Working Great!!!)

Hopefully I'll be back in business soon! Have a couple new places I want to try out. Anxious to get back out there! Going stir-crazy staying at home. Weather is starting to improve - if you don't count the rain. It's the cold I don't like! :D

I don't use a pinpointer but I have made a few lanyards just for fun. You can make them out of trimmer line how ever long you want them and how ever heavy duty you want them. Just google youtube videos on trimmer line lanyards and there are several videos showing how to make them, it is a fun little project to do.

Neat! Something to check into. Thanks!

I needed to add a red ribbon to my tekpoint. The IDIOTS made it out of green plastic.. I dropped a black one and it took a good while to find it. If it was green I’d of never found it.

If you don't have tape, just unscrew the cap and place the end of a ribbon under it. I found some orange ribbon while detecting and added it to my propointer, Every little bit helps.

I frankly don't understand why you wouldn't detect and pin point with the coil. Certainly the pointer is a great help but you should be able to get "on target" with your machine. At least no bigger than a coffee can diameter. Dig your hole and wave each handful of soil in front of the coil, beep beep, you got it. I hunted for a year without a pro pointer. Like I said, I can't imagine not having a pointer would stop you from hunting.

I frankly don't understand why you wouldn't detect and pin point with the coil. Certainly the pointer is a great help but you should be able to get "on target" with your machine. At least no bigger than a coffee can diameter. Dig your hole and wave each handful of soil in front of the coil, beep beep, you got it. I hunted for a year without a pro pointer. Like I said, I can't imagine not having a pointer would stop you from hunting.

I simply would not be metal detecting today, had I never bought my first pin pointer back in 2010, when I got my first hand me down detector in an inheritance. Besides, grabbing handfuls of unknown dirt is just too dangerous IMPO. In my dirt here, dark clay, targets are stealthy to no end. I have hunted "sweet" soil and "could" grab that coil. I won't hunt without a PPr here!

This is such an old topic so I will stop my rant except to say..."a pin pointer cuts my time on my knees WAY down." I get tons more pleasant time on hunts with my pin pointers.

Come to Texas without a pointer and I challenge you in a one hour's hunt. Just a friendly wager ;-)

I simply would not be metal detecting today, had I never bought my first pin pointer back in 2010, when I got my first hand me down detector in an inheritance. Besides, grabbing handfuls of unknown dirt is just too dangerous IMPO. In my dirt here, dark clay, targets are stealthy to no end. I have hunted "sweet" soil and "could" grab that coil. I won't hunt without a PPr here!

This is such an old topic so I will stop my rant except to say..."a pin pointer cuts my time on my knees WAY down." I get tons more pleasant time on hunts with my pin pointers.

Come to Texas without a pointer and I challenge you in a one hour's hunt. Just a friendly wager ;-)

All I'm saying Martin is, if a beautiful day came along, and I had a spot or two to try, and I was saving to get a pointer, I'd still go out and dig. Who knows, you might find a coin that'd pay for that pointer. You could always go back to that spot after you got your pointer if need be. Certainly it's far easier with a pointer and I love mine. But the lack of one wouldn't preclude me from hunting, it just doesn't have to.

All I'm saying Martin is, if a beautiful day came along, and I had a spot or two to try, and I was saving to get a pointer, I'd still go out and dig. Who knows, you might find a coin that'd pay for that pointer. You could always go back to that spot after you got your pointer if need be. Certainly it's far easier with a pointer and I love mine. But the lack of one wouldn't preclude me from hunting, it just doesn't have to.

I agree. Sorry that I generalized like I did. I would always hunt a fresh spot without a pointer. In the beginning though, I missed so much before getting a pointer. I was going to be a quitter right then. It would be a negative thought to find I left the house and didn't have my pointer in the car. Today? In a new spot, not having a pointer wouldn't stop me. I might give up faster though.

I have hunted that way for over 30 years, and have no intention of getting a pinpointer even though I sell them :shrug:

I agree with all of you about hunting without a pinpointer. Yes it's a luxury to have one. But when you are used to having one (which does make finding the target easier and quicker giving you more time to hunt) you get spoiled and you don't want to hunt without one. If my weather here would cooperate, I would go out without one. But here of late, it's either been raining or very cold! The calendar says SPRING but the weather can't "make up its mind". Have a propointer coming soon, hopefully. So maybe by the time I get it, the weather will have decided it is Spring!:yes:

Propointer In Transit

Now the waiting begins. Rain expected tomorrow and Monday. Expected delivery date: Tuesday, April 9.

Spring appears to have sprung -- temps in the upper 70's the rest of the week and no mention of rain so I may have an opportunity to get out and detect next week.

New (To Me) Pro Pointer Rigged and Ready To Go!

I am all set and ready to get out and metal detect but the weather is not cooperating. It has rained off and on the last 2 days and the word is more rain for Saturday and Sunday and then turning cold again just great. But when I can get out I won't be losing THIS pro pointer! :D

Attachments

• Pro Pointer Attached To Pouch.jpg
    Pro Pointer Attached To Pouch.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom