Minelab Etrac users..watch the differences when comparing tones selected on detector

David what you show is normal nothing wrong with the etrac .Going to long tone or smooth well hit the target (BECAUSE ) the detector is not resetting between targets normal and pitch hold reset between targets .
Long and smooth do not reset between targets they are a continuous signal one after another .So by going slower in normal and pitch hold well show target thereby giving the detector more time to reset between targets . sube

David what you show is normal nothing wrong with the etrac .Going to long tone or smooth well hit the target (BECAUSE ) the detector is not resetting between targets normal and pitch hold reset between targets .
Long and smooth do not reset between targets they are a continuous signal one after another .So by going slower in normal and pitch hold well show target thereby giving the detector more time to reset between targets . sube

So basically what video shows is no glitch. But user of Etrac can indeed miss targets using normal tones that are near iron. Some of these same targets using smooth or long tones would be heard.
I was sweeping real slow at some points in video using normal tones. And got zero tone.
Does a CTX 3030 follow suit here with the way Etrac behaves?

And does Etrac manual address the behavior I am seeing with Etrac? I read manual as far as tones. It makes mention of some things but doesn’t spell it out crystal clear as it would apply to test I did.

As soon as coil got roughly 2.5” high on setup tone gone. Even sweeping slow.
Results gotten with Etrac seems are coil height dependent to a degree. Much more than smooth and long tones. And I am not talking about necessarily high coil height. Lower.

May retest and take an even closer look.

This gent here in video. Used normal tones.
Which even goes against what it says in manual for deeper targets.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sLtz3nA_fc4

Saw some more videos too saying use normal.

Now. Based on my test.
I have a hunch. I can run more disc and use smooth or long tones with close proximity targets to iron vs normal tones and hear.

But I may be able to use less disc (open up to say line 30 ferrous) and use normal tones and acquire tone on same targets arranged like in my video.
I’ll retest.
And check.
Question is which setup less cumbersome and locates the nonferous and minimizes more iron bleedover tonally based on amount of disc used.
Either way even the manual suggests long and smooth tones best choices for deeper targets vs normal tones.
Again I’ll look at.
Some Etrac users may find helpful.

One thing I noticed in my video. Seems behavior of detector using normal tones using 28 and higher disc higher conducive range changed when second coin was added.
Will try adding lower conductive nonferrous instead of higher conductive coin and see if there’s is a difference.
Use 2 nails and one coin too and see how detector behaves.
All with same disc when comparing.

Here’s link to thread where it seems just maybe what I saw in my video is talked about. Except this is CTX being talked about. Excerpt from link below posted below link. Makes reference to use of smooth tones.
https://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,45500,45935#msg-45935

Keith Southern
5/18/2013 using 50 tone conductive to unmask in nail's VIDEO
May 18, 2013 05:14AM Registered: 12 years ago
Heres a video showing how the 50 tone conductive when used to your advantage can unmask the smallest of conductors other machines can not hear due to nail false restriction..I.E. to get other machine to hit these small conductors you would have to turn the disc down so far the nails would start sounding as good as the non ferrous.....

the unique way the CTX and the other FBS machines discriminate you can listen for targets in iron that are actually lower conductive than the nail's when the naisl drag those target down...IF that makes sense...

the unmasking actually works better in the dirt than in airtest as here.....and I can find smaller target's than I am showing here...usually p.cap size in nails is doable..

this is nothing new I have ran explorers like this....yet now with the smooth option and the high trash option the abiltiy has become more pronounced...

it works best on sites that have stopped producing...it will aslo get high conductors like this that are intemingles so bad wiht the iorn that they become pulled into the low tone...even silver coins can get down here...lots of nickles can hide like this also...and buttons for sure....

the multi tone allows you to hear a waiver of the tone dropping down then you can start approaching the waiver sound at different angles..if you get the low blup to come in its a non ferrous for sure....iron does not go to that tone...it can go higher like fasling iron can do but it wont go to the lowest of tone...

you can get sone medium conductors like this also...but it takes time and patience....as some of the nickle and quarter size iron can be a mid tone....

its a very advanced way to hunt and requires patience and a understanding of what's taking place..but it does produce target's...in sites that are not producing but worth hunting...

the unique thing about smooth is when comparing it to normal is the abiltiy not to drop in and out on length wise nails and such..that hinders the unmasking I have found...the smooth keeps it running and stable at different approach's adn allows for ultra slow movement to signal..alost like a non motion disc circuit...

I am very impressed with what I am seeing...

it revigorates sites I cant find stuff in...

Last edited:
David set your fe line at 34 or 35 the more fe that is used the slower the sweep has to be try this in normal tones . sube

Back
Top Bottom