Minelab repair center was doing so well.....

They never replied back to me. Going to email them again today and be more of a PIA.

Steve
Well they did respond initially to what THEIR problem was : supply. They are probably not responding because they don't have an answer yet , a replacement. I had great service the 1x I dealt with them. That was for a coil. It would be cool if you got an upgrade but don't think that will happen. I will say , after they sent my new coil out , a day later I get another email saying from a different guy asking if he could help me out. So I'm not sure they communicate with each other their very well. I would be calling them , not emailing. I hope you get it resolved like now ! It's been awile.

Today's reply from Minelab service center.

We are STILL waiting on pods. We know that they are soon to be on their way to us, and we are expecting them within the next 2 weeks. We understand your frustration with waiting, as you are not alone, but please understand that we have NO CONTROL over this situation. Just as a reminder of the current state of the world, and everything is delayed.

We are STILL waiting on pods. We know that they are soon to be on their way to us, and we are expecting them within the next 2 weeks. We understand your frustration with waiting, as you are not alone, but please understand that we have NO CONTROL over this situation. Just as a reminder of the current state of the world, and everything is delayed.

HOW MANY, 600's are in dealer inventory right now? 1,000's? Certainty 500+

This could all be solved today if Minelab wanted to!

And just to be clear! The Minelab repair facility is NOT Minelab. They are contracted by Minelab.
I would be placing a direct call to Minelab............Asking flat out for a dealer to ship a pod today.

Well, not what you hoped, but communication is still flowing.

Wonder if your unit was 800 model. And 800 pods short in immediate availability..
And the table was turned.
Would you have accepted a 600 unit pod for your repair and been satisfied?

Wonder if your unit was 800 model. And 800 pods short in immediate availability..

Take out the gold mode and they are the same. Deep treasure finders.

Steve

A tough break indeed. I once had two detectors in for repairs at the same time luckily, I had a third. Now, I keep a stable of four. It looks like you have done all you can do. It's a good thing you also have a Legend you can use.

A tough break indeed. I once had two detectors in for repairs at the same time luckily, I had a third. Now, I keep a stable of four. It looks like you have done all you can do. It's a good thing you also have a Legend you can use.

Yeah. Unfortunately, the ground is too dry to detect so only can hunt streams. I'm learning it so it's kind of a good thing.

Steve

That's a question that misses the point.

Minelab's warranty service is not performing as it should. So the OP should be compensated...or at least accommodated and the 800 pod replacement idea was a proposal.

Your question implies that b/c Minelab's warranty service was subpar, the customer should accept a downgraded product. How does that make sense? That's right, it doesn't.

I guess one possible way it could make sense in your hypothetical is that they send him a 600 pod to borrow until the 800 pod become available again. Then went it does, they ship the 800 pod to him and he returns (for free), the 600 pod to Minelab. Or maybe they send him the 600 pod and a $200 check or something.

HOW MANY, 600's are in dealer inventory right now? 1,000's? Certainty 500+

This could all be solved today if Minelab wanted to!

This.

Minelab could address the OP's problem it they wanted to. But so far, they've chosen a different path. I know warranty policies are always hit or miss, and I'm not saying that Minelab is doing anything illegal or is breaching a contract. But this is an example of how their customer service continues to be...lacking.

Minelab's warranty service is not performing as it should. So the OP should be compensated...or at least accommodated and the 800 pod replacement idea was a proposal.

Your question implies that b/c Minelab's warranty service was subpar, the customer should accept a downgraded product. How does that make sense? That's right, it doesn't.

I guess one possible way it could make sense in your hypothetical is that they send him a 600 pod to borrow until the 800 pod become available again. Then went it does, they ship the 800 pod to him and he returns (for free), the 600 pod to Minelab. Or maybe they send him the 600 pod and a $200 check or something.

Your key word I like is hypothetical. That's all he is. A TNSS hypothetical fool that is incessantly posting just that. Promoting his needless links for his OWN benefit. At some point there will be a "TNSS rule" where he , and this practice will be banned.

How did you determine this?

I suppose we could argue he is entitled to any number of compensation means. However, the warranty doesn't state that's what they will do. In fact, they state they are not obligated to compensate you for loss of income or use of the product. It does state they will repair (with new or refurb parts) and if they cannot repair it, they have a number of options stated. It doesn't state how long this may take.

We live in a different world now, one we must work hard to be patient with. Companies have been hit with all sorts of shortages and hardships. Could they send him a new or upgraded unit? YES. Are they required to or have they promised as such? NO.

How did you determine this?

I suppose we could argue he is entitled to any number of compensation means. However, the warranty doesn't state that's what they will do. In fact, they state they are not obligated to compensate you for loss of income or use of the product. It does state they will repair (with new or refurb parts) and if they cannot repair it, they have a number of options stated. It doesn't state how long this may take.

We live in a different world now, one we must work hard to be patient with. Companies have been hit with all sorts of shortages and hardships. Could they send him a new or upgraded unit? YES. Are they required to or have they promised as such? NO.

I didn't say Minelab was in violation of the warranty. I only said the warranty process wasn't working in a manner that the OP or Minelab would prefer. Therefore, I don't think the idea of asking for an 800 is out of line.

Put it another way: no, Minelab's not required to send an upgraded unit. But would it be a great customer service move that (finacially speaking) costs them almost nothing? Yes.

Steve,

Did you pay for shipping there, and Minelab pays for shipping back? Or?

Was notified they sent out my replacement pod yesterday. It only took 6 weeks to do so :no:

Steve

Last edited:
Was notified they sent out my replacement pod yesterday. It only took 6 weeks to do so :no:

Steve

Wow, only 6 weeks? That was fast! :lol:

But seriously, thanks for the update and glad you got your machine up and running again.

Back
Top Bottom