Dune kraken scoop

matt.braley.104

So my dune kraken sand scoop arrived today it does not come with a handle if anyone that already owns this scoop I'd appreciate any suggestions for a good handle

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

If it's like most scoops a standard hickory or ash wooden handle you can get at a hardware store should be fine, 48 inches or more. I prefer ash because of the light weight. You could go all out and get carbon fiber but that would probably be more than the scoop itself.

I just recently bought a scoop and just took it right into the hardware store and matched up with a handle diameter that fits. If it's a little loose you can wrap the end with electrical tape or some similiar.

If it's like most scoops a standard hickory or ash wooden handle you can get at a hardware store should be fine, 48 inches or more. I prefer ash because of the light weight. You could go all out and get carbon fiber but that would probably be more than the scoop itself.

I just recently bought a scoop and just took it right into the hardware store and matched up with a handle diameter that fits. If it's a little loose you can wrap the end with electrical tape or some similiar.
It takes a 1.2 inch handle which is hard to find

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Wooden handle, I think you can get it in any hardware store near you. Get the closest and sand or fill in the gap.

Josh

If that is the Dune that has two cross holes(upper and lower) for 1/4 inch diameter bolts, I think the shaft diameter will be about 1 and 1/8 inches.
Ash shovel handles from Lowe's or Home Depot for $14.95 seem to work fine but you have to sand them to fit. I stand them up vertical in a vise and work them with strips of emery sanding rolls in a push pull motion. It is easy to keep the handle round with this method when you don't have anything like a lathe. I tear off about 3 feet each time. In younger days I was able to "regrind" crankshaft journals that consistently turned over 14,000 rpm using this method. Here is a link if you do not have it locally.

https://www.mcmaster.com/sanding-abrasives/form~roll/emery-sanding-rolls/

Back
Top Bottom