How to prevent getting stuck in the mud?

Rawkfist

What to do to prevent yourself from getting stuck in the mud?
I hunt in the woods in some mud, (water hole etc) and dont want to get stuck in the mud. I want to put the chest waders on and get deeper but...

I always have a Come-Along in my truck & car along a chain LOL

hopefully a tree 15 or 20 feet...

and that 35$ come-along made me get stuck a hunnert time

I hunt in the woods in some mud, (water hole etc) and dont want to get stuck in the mud. I want to put the chest waders on and get deeper but...

Don’t go. I mean if your out alone I wouldn’t mud is very hard to get out of worked in coal mine and it was muddy in some spot. I got stuck pull my foot right out of my boot it just grabs hold and don’t let go. If you test it and it’s soft enough to cover your shore I wouldn’t chance it. Just be smart. It’s Like people driving on flooded road ways way would you.

The trick in getting free is breaking the suction. Don't just pull on your leg if it is stuck. Dig your hand down beside your leg to allow air to reach the side and under your foot.

Walking stick on a lanyard dragging behind... and maybe a rope with grappling hook to 4wd yourself out...just prepare as best you can...add a life vest and you’ll float like a bobber...or maybe stay out of the mud... cuz if it’s that soft the targets are easily sinking too deep anyway....

If the mud is that deep, NO detector will get down to the coins. Also NEVER wear waders if you feel you will sink in mud or muck. Buy a wetsuit so you can swim above it and not worry about sinking were water goes over the waders.

Back
Top Bottom