Equinox 800 Maiden Voyage

Coin-Saver

Elite Member
On Tuesday I got out for an hour and a half in the frozen ground to check out signals on the Equinox 800 before work. I was only going to listen for signals but I came back in the house for the Lesche and the pin pointer. WHY? Well because that's what happens when you get signals. ( I thought I could restrain myself) I was wrong. I ended up with 1- Quarter, 4- Dimes and 9 pennies. Only dug four pieces of trash. .One was a piece of copper which rang up as a penny. One was a piece of wire mesh, one was a bottle cap ( because I had iron bias set to "0". The other was the tail of a beaver tail that I called before I dug. I called it based on a tip I saw here about if a 12-13 signal hits 11 it's most likely a pull tab. Turned out to be spot on that time as it only went to 11 once.. Nothing old or cool but I got to dig and I found things. I know it sounds like a lot of digging for a short time in frozen ground but 6 pennies and 2 dimes came from the same hole. Also the other two dimes were in a different hole.

All in all I like how quiet the machine was. I have power lines on two sides of me and was still able to run the sensitivity at 23 and it was smooth.

I will be off work tomorrow so I will post pics of the power lines I am talking about. I think me and this machine are going to get along very well. Now if work will just leave me alone long enough to use it I'll be pretty pleased.

Once you get more experienced in using it you will be amazed at how well the Equinox can do.

Steve

The 800 is a nice machine. Even though you called the beaver tail due to the 11 bounce, most of my Buffalo and V nickle finds had the 11 bounce too.

The 800 is a nice machine. Even though you called the beaver tail due to the 11 bounce, most of my Buffalo and V nickle finds had the 11 bounce too.

I dug it anyway because I just can't let a solid signal in that range go. I've dug gold rings before and I know they can ring up anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom