Eclipse DD coil on a IDX Pro?

ryanw95

Hey gang, was wondering if any of those oval Eclipse DD type coils can be used on my Whites IDX Pro and Classic ID?

Thanks for any info.

They cannot Ryan. Even if they were to plug in, it’s the wrong frequency and nothing would work right. The two best coils for the 6.59khz machines like yours are the Black Max 5.3....and the stock 950 pancake coil (the very flat and thin one) that the machine came with. They 950’s can be found quite easily if for some reason you don’t have one and both coils are very reasonable to buy. The machine is set up and calibrated to run CONCENTRIC coils. Trying to run any kind of DD coil will wind up in tears.

thanks for the info, but that's kind of a bummer. Oh well.

These are the coils I do have:

BULLSEYE 5.3
BLACK MAX 950 PRO
BLUE MAX 800 (Precision Scan)

Any recommendation of which coils to put on which MD?

I'm pretty much a newbie, I need to find info on these and how to run them.

Thanks.

The 800 is a great all around general use coil. The 5.3 really shines is trashy areas or if youre beating the brush. The 950 is great for covering ground.

The 800 is a great all around general use coil. The 5.3 really shines is trashy areas or if youre beating the brush. The 950 is great for covering ground.

Yep, Todd got it right on. All the coils will work equally well on either machine and do just as he says. I have ALOT of hours on the 950 coil and it’s pretty incredible everywhere. To get maximum depth you’ll want the bigger coil, as long as you’re not hunting a nightmare trash pit. In a lot of nails, use the 5.3 and use short 2 foot sweeps while advancing forward slowly. Remember that both machines have modulated audio...the deeper the target, the weaker the response. For deep coins you’ll be looking for an initially weak but repeatable [beep!] and when you pull the trigger to pinpoint you’ll want that response to be weak but stable as well. I would absolutely put the IDXPro up against ALOT of machines. The ID is excellent, being able to tune out EMI with the freq control is great and it puts up with bad ground pretty well. Just go somewhere like a local ballfield that’s been around awhile and dig those signals which come in as coins. You can just set the disc to the second preset arrow (coin range) and dig away. You’ll lose nickels, but you won’t have to dig pull tabs and nonsense. Put it this way. I’ve used Minelabs for 5+ years now and still have my IDXPro. I do still use it every so often, and THAT is saying something.

Back
Top Bottom