A quick look at the map shows that Port S. John and Cocoa Beach are not that far apart. So why is it "tricky" for one person to find places to detect, while the next person(s) , in the exact same area, never lack for places to hunt ? :?:

I have a feeling that scgator's buddy is "over-thinking" things. I suppose there's not a single place in the USA, that ... if any hunter went knocking on enough doors, asking enough pencil pushers, that ....sure, they would not find "express allowances" or "red-carpets" rolled out for them. They might find someone who says "no", hence finding it "tricky".

We had a case here in CA, at a beach near me, where it's just always-ever been detected, since the dawn-of-time. Then one day, someone sent in an inquiry by hitting the "contact us" button of the state of CA beach-park administration website people. Someone in Sacramento sent back a "no" (based on prohibitions of "harvest and collect" verbiage). Yet, you can detect till you're blue in the face, and .... it's never an issue. Thus it's obvious they got a lame "safe" answer from some pencil jockey, that means nothing at all.

So too do I wonder sometimes, when someone says they "can't find a straight answer" or that it's "tricky", is merely a part of the daisy-chain of "no one cared till you asked" psychology.
Tom in Cal, if you are trying to rub folks the wrong way you are doing an outstanding job talking about an area you obviously know nothing about. We have far more restricted area's where I live in Port Saint John, Cocoa area than most places in the US. If you are in Cal. why would you run you're mouth about something you nothing about.If you are an example of this forum then perhaps I'm on the wrong forum... To those who have welcomed me thank you.....OB

Tom in Cal, if you are trying to rub folks the wrong way ....

OB-wan, I did not mean to rub you the wrong way. FL comes up over and and over and over again, as you can imagine . Yet, as you can see, no shortage of md'rs there showing their show & tell finds. Anyhow, forgive me for rubbing you wrong.

OB-wan, I did not mean to rub you the wrong way. FL comes up over and and over and over again, as you can imagine . Yet, as you can see, no shortage of md'rs there showing their show & tell finds. Anyhow, forgive me for rubbing you wrong.

Its all good Tom,its just I've invested a !!!! load of money into water proof detectors for the wife and I ,a couple pointers,etc.etc. and all I'm finding is most places are off limits to metal detecting. I'm seriously looking for good info from local diggers. Last thing I need is sarcasm. I sold the boat because of all the no wake and manatee zones and now I'm finding metal detecting outlawed everywhere I had in mind of detecting... I'm in PSJ,Cocoa Fl. area. Please someone give me some good detecting information.

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

Just did a search, here are a few links I found -
(can't say for sure how up to date some of the info might be, but if you find a local detecting club you can ask them)

https://www.visitflorida.com/en-us/florida-beaches/florida-treasure-hunt-east-coast-shoreline-treasures.html

http://www.mdhtalk.org/cf/club.cfm?st=FL

http://news.brevardtimes.com/2015/07/video-sharks-close-beach-in-cocoa-beach.html

https://blog.gardencommunitiesfl.com/2017/11/15/best-beaches-treasure-hunting-brevard-county-fl/

:mder: ______ :mder: ______ :mder: ______ :mder:

Thank you for you're info.Closest club is 60 miles NW. second closest is further South. Murphy's law for me..Lol, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Welcome from the Florida Treasure coast.
Come down to the Sebastian area and visit the Mel Fisher museum in Sebastian and the McClarty state museum on A1A just south of the Sebastian bridge. Look thru the scrap book on the counter at the McClarty museum. At the Mel Fisher museum pick up a copy of the book "Shipwrecks near Wabasso Beach" by Earnie Richards.
Hit Cocoa Beach for modern drops. There is a club called the Treasure Coast Archaeological society. Good Luck.

Been there done that, Dove in the 80's down there on the treasure fleet. Dove Wabasso, Pepper park and many other beach reefs before it became restricted. I own wear a piece of eight from said treasure. Sebastian is a little over an hours drive from my location as well as the closest club south.I live in Brevard Co. Seems there are no local clubs. I'm joining the one in Sanford but they are far as well. Looks like Cocoa Beach for modern drops soon as my scoop shows up...Thank you for the info

Back
Top Bottom