Nox 800 inbound, thanks Jeff @ Quality Metal Detectors!!!

Big Congrats! I've got a Nox 600 being delivered today. I haven't even read the manual yet. LOL I guess I'll wing it and use Park 1 to start out with.

beephead

That's probably what I'm going to do too. I printed out the manual at work, double sided ;), and have read a little. The quick start is how I'm going to start out!

Congratulations!! I just unboxed my Nox 800 (from Jeff as well) and now it's on the charger. Dang, it's like watching a pot of water boil....lol!! HH!!

Congrats Doc! I'm going to stick mine under the Christmas tree, however, I'm probably going to sneak some playtime when I can :laughing:

Congrats on your NOX purchase...that machine has been real good to me!

Thanks JAK!

Awesome! Congrats on the new 800. Best of luck with it!
BH

Thank yo BH!

Congrats GS! I’ve only got about 12 hours on my EQ800, but I can definitely confirm that there’s a learning curve coming from different manufacturers. Not just because the tones/numbers are different - the infinitely adjustable settings, while fabulous, also mean it’ll take some effort, experimentation, and time to truly master. But all that said, it’s been a fun, interesting learning curve so far!

That's a very good point regarding moving from any machine to another - I have used my Compadre since Feb 2014. Before that I had a Bounty Hunter Prospector (think Tracker IV). And my first outing with the Compadre was trouble! I was at a park with lots of rusty iron, was like :shock: but after a bit of time, and now 4 years later, I'm ONE with the Compadre. I think that experience will help me with my transition into the Nox. I'm looking forward to it.

Congrats on the new machine,If anyone on here is gonna get theyre money’s worth out of a machine it’s gonna be you,I always see your finds,lots of dedication

That is super nice of you to say Woodbutcher. Thank you! I'm really looking forward to this machine.

Congratulations , good choice ! I would pull the trigger also but right now my gun is empty . :lol:

That's been me the last 5 years when it comes to metal detectors. Almost bought a EuroTek pro once. Then a Land Ranger Pro. Then later, I was looking for a Sov Elite. Never could really do it. Been sitting on my gold finds, and finally decided it was time. I'm slowly getting over the pain of selling the gold (I really enjoyed keeping them in a little glass display). But figured my enjoyment of the Nox would outweigh gazing at the glowing golds. I still have 5-7 pieces of gold. I'm going to just have to go out and find some more now. Maybe go look for some nuggets. I also want to find some older spots like jl1252.... and Trashmaster!

Last edited:
Congrat's on that . I got a 600 last month, haven't been able to put it down. your going to love it.

Just pulled the trigger on an Equinox 800 from forum sponsor Jeff at Quality Metal Detectors!

Can't believe it really. I finally coerced myself to sell some of my gold finds and buy a salt water and nugget able machine! Pretty excited.

I'm going to have a learning curve, coming from a pair of Compadres (which I really do enjoy using) - just wanted something I can use in the wet salt sand and the rivers around me for nuggets!

Awesome deal from Jeff (thank you!!!).

:detector:

Dang Sweeper! I was gonna let you hunt some of my sites until you joined the ObNOXious club! [emoji2955]

Deus Rules!!

I kept seeing your posts where you were thinking hard on the nox. Glad to see you finally pulled the trigger. Just put that thing in park 1 or park 2 and start swinging! All the settings will come in time and be second nature. You most likely won't even need to ground balance...heck I don't even noise cancel most of the time. Looking forward to all your great finds!

I kept seeing your posts where you were thinking hard on the nox. Glad to see you finally pulled the trigger. Just put that thing in park 1 or park 2 and start swinging! All the settings will come in time and be second nature. You most likely won't even need to ground balance...heck I don't even noise cancel most of the time. Looking forward to all your great finds!

Thanks Toad! Can’t wait to take her out! It was delivered today, thankfully my wife was home. I’m in the office today :crying:

It’s from Santa :laughing: so it’s gotta go under the tree, but can’t promise I won’t play with it before then!

Jeff, you are going to love it! Can't wait to start hearing about your finds.

Wow that’s great!!! Jeff at Quality is my main guy!! He almost like Santa as of late ...gifts keep on coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff, you are going to love it! Can't wait to start hearing about your finds.

Thanks Jeff. Good to hear from you. Thanks, seriously looking forward to running the Nox. Hope to run into you again out there someday.

Wow that’s great!!! Jeff at Quality is my main guy!! He almost like Santa as of late ...gifts keep on coming

Thanks Mike! Yeah I got my Compadre from Jeff back in ‘04. He made my Nox 800 a reality honestly.

I really do love my 800. Congratulations

Back
Top Bottom