Garrett 300 Treasure Ace

Knight451

Just thought I would throw a quick review up about this detector. Great beginner machine, pretty much turn on and go. A bit limited as far as depth and the pinpointing is a little hinky. Max depth that it is shooting seems to be about 3-4 inches or so which is great if you are out after clad but the deeper coins seem to elude it. The discrimination seems to be decent as far as I can tell. The pinpointing can be a bit tricky, sometimes I am right on; others I could use a backhoe and get the same results :lol:. That could just be me learning the machine but I try to narrow down the dig location and at times I think I am right on it and end up digging a hole that is 10 inches around. This may be better if you have a pin-pointer and can narrow down the target location after making the first hole. Once I get the F5 that I am drooling over, I will compare the 2 and see if I am any more accurate with my digging. Hope this helps someone out. Happy hunting.

The tot lots that I have hit haven't been real productive. The people that go to them must have tight pockets and fat fingers:grin:. I would much rather be finding silver which means a deeper machine. F5 here I come (Hoping to order at the end of the week).

Back
Top Bottom